Fantastic results

Options
Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 15. May 2013, 06:27 in Community Chit-chat archive
Some of you that have been following my progress with Slimming world may remember that during March I along with some other members of the group did a six week sponsored slimathon to raise Money for a nine year old boy called Archie with duchennes muscular dystrophy his parent needed to raise the money to get him a motorised wheelchair as this a progressive thing and eventually he would loose the ability to walk and to do other things unaided. During the time we were doing the slimathon Archie had a fall a broke his leg and doctors told his parents he will probably not walk again so the wheelchair became more important. The slimming group did many fundraising things during march and April for Archie and the fantastic result of this fundraising was £1,256. my own contribution to that from my slimathon sponsorship was £90. Archie now has his motorised wheelchair and is very excited about it. :D
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That's excellent
    Well done
    Maria
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    That's a great achievement, Carol and it will clearly make a huge difference to the little lad's life. Well done to you and all who made the effort. I hope I never have to get excited at the prospect of a new wheelchair. It's all too easy to forget when we're well off.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    That's amazing!! Well done to you Carol and the other slimmers. And hope Archie enjoys buzzing around in his new chair!
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,942
    Options
    Hello Carol
    well done you have done so well and your friends at slimming world also well done for all the money you raised for the little boy.
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • MrOptimist
    MrOptimist Member Posts: 175
    Options
    My congratulations to you all :)
  • Turbogran
    Options
    Thank you all for your Replies I must admit that we are all really pleased with the results and what makes it even more special is his nan and auntie are members of our group.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Carol

I am over the moon for him that you all did so well and he has his chair. In fact I am fair welling up :oops:

Your own contribution was brilliant :)

I hope he is busy whizzing here and there now :D

love

Toni xxx
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Well done Carol and all the other slimmers. You got to lose some weight and helped out a young boy. How wonderful.
    Christine
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    That is amazing, congratulations and well done!
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    I'm cheering like mad ,you ladies are something special .Mig
  • Turbogran
    Options
    thanks all spoke to Archies Nan tonight he is very pleased with his new wheelchair and has had his plaster removed now but he his very reluctant to stand on his feet at the moment.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Well done and thank you for helping Archie.

elizabeth :D
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein