Itchy leg

Options
wag22
wag22 Member Posts: 10
edited 19. May 2013, 06:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
I am taking one hydroxy a day plus one injection of 15 mg Meth a week, my RA seems so much better since I' ve been on these meds but I have a small very itchy rash on my shin, Germolene works on it but wondering if anyone else finds this while on these meds.

Comments

• salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I got a rash when I took hydroxy and they took me off it. Have you had someone look at it?
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Salamander's right. Unfortunately, those of us on DMARDS can't take such things as lightly as we once did. I've had a couple of bacterial infections on my legs which, because of the meth, required antibiotics to clear them up.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Please contact your rheumatology department about this, they may be better placed to advise you than your GP. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • wag22
    Options
    Wow, thanks for the replys , I will definately contact my rheumy tomorrow.
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    best of luck. Hopefully, it will be nothing to worry about.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I get itchy legs, I'm so pleased it's just not me!! I thought it was me just being weird! My itching has been going on for around 3yrs so I know mines not related to Hydroxychloroquine. Hope you get your's sorted, let me know what the Dr's say.
  • wag22
    Options
    Well I didn't manage to ring the hospital yesterday but I will be going for bloods done on Monday so I will try to get some info there.

bubba you gave me some thought with your post, and I remember this kicking off a couple of years ago when I changed my washing powder because I thought it was that causing my clothes to irritate my legs , I even threw some clothes away thinking it was the material, I wasn't on meth or Hydroxy then so now I am confused I don't know what is causing it.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    If it all started before the meth and hydroxy then they didn't cause it although I guess they could aggravate it. I think you were probably on the right course with your laundry powder as I believe they, softeners, shampoo, soap etc are the usual culprits. Just because one of them purports to be for sensitive skin doesn't mean you won't get a reaction. Maybe change it again and monitor how you go.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright