Having a Bop?

Options
Numptydumpty
Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
edited 17. May 2013, 09:45 in Community Chit-chat archive
I was on my own in the kitchen last night. I was listening to an album of 60s music, whilst putting away the food mountain Sain#b##ys had just delivered.
When "Mony Mony" came on, I could resist no longer!
I tapped my foot, and rolled my shoulders, my hips began to sway to the beat.
Soon I was "Twisting", "Hitch Hiking", "Swimming" and I think there was a bit of "The Loco-Motion" in there too :wink:
I did the "Monkey" the "Dog" and the "Frug". I was leaping and twirling, swaying and squatting. Arthritis completely forgotten. :D
I was in the middle of a particularly spectacular rendition of "The Pony", shaking a tail feather Tina Turner would have been proud of, when my daughter walked into the room. She asked what on earth was wrong! Puzzled, I said I was just dancing. She seemed to find this highly amusing. :roll:
Apparently, according to her, I was standing in one spot, knees together and slightly bent, ankles apart, toes pointing inwards, and looking as though I was desparately trying not to wet myself. :o :shock:
Well, my imagination always was the most active part of me 8)
Oh, and it turns out, Denzel Washington wasn't sitting on the sofa, tapping his foot and gazing at me admiringly either! :cry:

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    :shock: What on earth are you doing on this forum? This is for people with arthritis, you young interloper :lol:

How are you feeling the day after?

I was once belting out a song so loudly (and tunelessly) to the kitchen radio that I didn't hear my friend come in. She looked a bit surprised :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • RosieGlow
    RosieGlow Member Posts: 175
    Options
    That made me smile Numpty. You go girl. My son bought me an ipod ages ago, which I seldom use as I hate sticking things in my ears. When we had our summer recently though, I took it out with me into the garden, and I had a ball singing along to all the greats..Elvis, The Big O etc. Not being used to it, I didn`t realise how much noise I was making until I took the bud thingies out, and all the neighbours started clapping!...Rosie.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    As we say in Scotland Numpty 'gaun yersel hen' wish I'd been a fly on the wall :lol: ..............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    :lol: I really thought I was throwing some shapes, but my daughter said I was barely moving :? :lol:
    Ah well, c'est la vie, just my over active imagination again. I am gutted about Denzel Washington though! :roll:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    :lol: throwing some shapes!!!
    Oh Numpty you made me laugh :)
    And Rosie I'm so glad you made your neighbours happy ;)
    love
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Good for you Numpty. Doesn't matter if you were moving much or not as long as you were enjoying yourself. You too Rosie. Your neighbours obviously enjoyed it too. I love a good sing song or boogie round the house. And you're right, arthur doesn't have much of a look in. :lol:
    Christine
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    I've been told I sound like Hilda Ogden when I sing but to me I sound like Tina turner !
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Numpty that really made me laugh.. :lol::lol: bless imagination is a great thing... :D x
    Love
    Barbara
  • snowdrop123
    snowdrop123 Member Posts: 41
    Options
    I couldn't help but giggle when I read these posts.... you've all really cheered me up, thanks :lol: