electronic car handbrakes

Options
knuckleduster
knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
edited 10. Jun 2013, 14:03 in Community Chit-chat archive
Has anybody else got a newish car with an electronic handbrake? If so, how are you getting on with it? Every time we start either up or down a hill, we lurch forward and have been told that is the way they are and nothing can be done.

Janet xx

Comments

• yaris
    yaris Member Posts: 96
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi I drive many new cars at work nerver had this problem I work for fire department drive new cars all the time to work the hand brake just push the brake peddle down then the hand brake button then off you go and when to park just put foot on brake peddle push the handbrake button turn car off no problems on hills etc
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Hi

I hired a van with electronic hand brake and i did not have this problem either .I would go back to the car dealer and tell them you are not satisfied .

Fowls
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Janet I tend to agree with the others.....get it checked out safety first.

Love

Toni xxx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    I cant understand why they felt the need to change from the old style cable ones to electric, my view is if it ain't broke don't fix it, I've never had a problem with them, ever.
  • lizzieuk1
    lizzieuk1 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Have to say I see why since recently I am really struggling putting handbrake on or off as my hands are so sore :( could do with one on my car.