So that's why two nails fell off.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 19. May 2013, 07:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
You may remember that a couple of weeks ago a couple of my toe nails fell off. I attributed this to my PsA - incorrectly as it turns out. On sorting out my meds to take away with me this week-end I opened a new pack of Ramopril and happened to catch sight of the leaflet - yup, nails can be affected by being loosened or separated from the nail bed.

If it wasn't for humira I wouldn't be taking the ramopril. Aint' life great? :lol: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Think of the money saved on nail varnish though . Struggled to come up with a " silver lining " for that one , DD . Jillyb
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    :lol: Thank you for the giggle, I needed it! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Oh the joys of arthritic life! So many wierd and wonderful things to suffer from.

Following on from jillyb's optimistic thought :lol: I wonder - seriously - if nail varnish might actually help to preserve them.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    It's a possibility,I use to put it on daughters toe nails when she was a toddler her nails were so soft they used to break,gp told me to do it to harden them and it worked. Mig
  • scozzie
    scozzie Member Posts: 333
    Options
    Gee DD, you sure have been in the wars lately!

Here's hoping the weekend away did you a world of good!

Sczzie
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi DD
    Oh the joys of side effects! Maybe if you read some more of your medication leaflets you will find one which causes you to grow extra toe nails ??
    Sorry.....too weird!! :wink:
    My toe nail painting days are over so I can`t help by buying yours off you :lol:

NB
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Oh DD, Just thinking of loosing a couple of nails makes my tummy turn! At least that saves time when doing a pedicure! I hope it's the only med side effect it happens to! I'm not even going to consider reading all of my meds side effects to see!! :shock: