Back on the no income diet

Options
snowdrop123
snowdrop123 Member Posts: 41
edited 18. May 2013, 06:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all

What can I say but I've failed the Atos interview so I'm back on the no income diet since the DWP have stopped my ESA. It's not the most humane way of getting rid of me, starving me slowly.
Luckily, I could do with loosing a couple more stone so I should be ok for a few more weeks. Anyone else trying the new government diet scheme???

It's no joke really but I'm just sick of being sick today.

Cheers
Kate

Comments

• lily
    lily Member Posts: 160
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    snowdrop

im so sorry, i hope you appeal against their decision,

Lily x
  • As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    Options
    Sorry to hear you failed the interview, I'm sure if you're able to obtain another sick note and appeal the decision then they will continue to pay ESA up until the appeal decision has been made.

I'm currently waiting for a letter to come and give me a date for my medical. I know that I'm going to fail the medical, but I feel fairly confident that I will be able to win the appeal.

The trend with ESA seems to be around 70% will fail the medical assessment, and then around 70% who appeal will win the appeal. To me it seems to highlight that the system is very broke and needs to be fixed.
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi Kate
    Welcome I think we should start an I passed an Atos assessment group
    The only way to fail is if you are in a coffin
    I know it sounds harsh but I'm afraid it seems to be true.
    People are dying whilst waiting for the tribunal
    The assessment process is unethical
    The government are paying Atos 394 million pounds to save a few thousand pounds
    @ds want the money back
    I worked for 30 yrs never ever claimed a penny in my life and when I do I get treat as if I'm a benefit thief!
    I am going to tribunal as I feel I need to make a stand there are many more who are too ill or too depressed to fight
    The world has gone mad!
    How do they expect you to live with no money! I'm sure they are not supposed to stop your money whilst you are appealing
    My best advice is get to citizens advice so they can help you
    Keep strong dont let them win
    Maria
  • lulubell69
    lulubell69 Member Posts: 110
    Options
    Long story but a friend of mine failed assessment ( for depression) appealed, two days before appeal got herself admitted to mental health unit, gave herself two black eyes, appeared at appeal with visable self harm marks and was allowed to stay on esa for another 2 years. Just goes to show, people are making themselves more ill and indeed this process is causing more harm than good.
  • snowdrop123
    snowdrop123 Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Thank you for your messages,
    I don't understand why the DWP are waisting everybodies time with the Atos interviews. I don't see how being able to lift an arm above your head is an indication of whether you are able to work, it's crazy.

Why don't they read my medical record? It wouldn't take a genius to work out from my records what effect the OA has had on my life. I have a sick note for another month so what is the point of having them if they can stop your benefits anyway? If I were a GP I'd be furious that my professional integrity was being brought into question like this.

I will make an appeal because after all I literally have absolutely nothing to loose. The trouble is it's taking me so long to write because I'm in a lot of pain. I suppose if you are well enough to write an appeal then you must be well enough to work.

Thanks for your support, it's a great help knowing I'm not the only one who thinks this is all mad.