My ESA Situation

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 22. May 2013, 06:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All

Most know my story had TKR 7 months ago still having teething problems with it going back on 10th June to see bout them..
Claimed again for ESA got called for medical on dad's birthday 31 jan 13, got turned down, had to appeal, get help from CAB...Now I get huge file this morning including the medical report from 2010 first examination (why)?...Saying they tried to call me on 24 April everyone was in at some point and ths is a lie...To say they had looked at decision and upheld the decision.....Now have trbunal papers, i haven't got a cat in hell's chance...But don't want to be made to seem a pathetic jobseeker, getting told Im not applying for enouh etc....Ironically have an interview on friday in inverness which am looking forward to but this had put a damp squib on.....I would rather not be hassled about jobsearchesand wait for appeal, have been told can cancel if too stressful..
What do you guys reckon, advice would be helpful....?

Elainexx

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Elaine
    I'm waiting for my tribunal my claim as you know was from 23/912 till 12/3/13 now I've got my ill health retirement pension and they still want their money back!!
    I have nothing to lose so bring on the tribunal!!
    Just need to tell them about my op on 6/6/13 so won't be able to attend!!
    Does this mean I'm still fit or work!!
    Since I sent DWP information abt my pension and I'm not claiming I've heard nothing compared with the weekly letters sometimes twice a week letters! How strange!
    You have to decide if its worth all the stress it will cause you my concern is with mine if I say no they will think knew it another benefit thief so that's why I'm going to tribunal
    Keep strong
    Maria
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Elaine
    I don't have a clue about these things...but I know they are giving you a hard time..and I can understand you not wanting the hassle, good luck with the interview..I do hope it goes well and this could be the boost you need x
    Love
    Barbara
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    Hi Elaine, I was turned down on my first application so I went to the CAB, they were wonderful, helped and guided me through the whole process of an appeal, the guy that was assigned to me even came to the appeal with me which added a lot of weight to my case, it was nerve racking but we won, I found the huge file that they sent me was invaluable, there were a lot of points I was able to pick up on that were just lies, written by my Doc'!!

Good luck to you
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.