Toddlers taking methotrexate

Options
Bethliz
Bethliz Member Posts: 44
edited 21. May 2013, 14:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
Is anyone able to share with me their experiences of having a toddler taking methotrexate? My little one has arthritus in her knee. We are dealing with it with steroid injections at the moment and they are making a massive difference but we have been told told she may need to take methotrexate in the future. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Bethliz

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello again, Bethliz. I know you’ve posted on the ‘My Child Has Arthritis’ forum, and others, but I see you’re still worried about your little one and who wouldn’t be?

As I said earlier, it must seem a massive step – it does for many adults, let alone small children – but arthritis is not a disease to be given free rein. Steroids will help for a while (In fact many of us feel as if we could climb mountains while on steroids) but they are not a permanent solution and bring along problems of their own. I know that I’d want my own grandsons on DMARDS asap if they developed arthritis.

I think your best means of making contact with other parents would be to find threads on the ‘My Child…’ forum and post on them as well as PMing the parents because sometimes people have clicked the settings button which enables them to be notified of any new posts on a thread.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Bethliz
    Bethliz Member Posts: 44
    Options
    Thank you sticky wicket. unfortunatly I dont seem to be having any luck on the parent forum, I appreciate everyone must be very busy but I am extremely anxious to chat to someone in a similar situation. I will keep checking to see if anyone can help x
  • lizzieuk1
    lizzieuk1 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Hi there,
    My heart goes out to you, is bad enough me having ra can't imagine how id feel if my toddler had it.
    No direct experience for you but have you been on the nras site they have can section for jia.
    Xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Beth
    Gosh I do feel foe you and really wish I could offer some help, but we are all here for you to talk to.
    And I do wish your little one well and hopefully the meds will make a big difference ((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara