Good or bad to carry on !!!!

Options
wendgro
wendgro Member Posts: 296
edited 22. May 2013, 05:15 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well as I posted went to the gym again with my TKR and I do suffer a lot for a couple of days after upping pain killers untill the pain eases question is do I still push myself doing the exercises at home or give it a couple of days and then start over untill I go again it's so hard when you are hurting to do the exercises well.

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Wendy I would still do the exercise's at home but less of then and not has hard, just to give yourself some recovery time...always listen to your body ..if things get too painful just ease off a little...you are doing well..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I really think you need to check this one out with a physio. I know my own body and when I can safely push it but I don't think any of us can tell someone else what to do. You certainly seem to have done well up to now.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • wendgro
    wendgro Member Posts: 296
    Options
    Thank you all I decided I had better continue to do them at home but not quite as many minutes 2minutes instead of 3. My driving is getting better thank goodness although my husband is biting his tongue before he speaks lets face it he was a driver for 57yrs in his job and leisure so he will know better than me (chauvenist I call him) Unfortunately he doesn't have an option with his eyes as they are.My leg is doing mor what I want it to do now so the physio must be working
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I would take things gently for some time yet. The surface healing is done but the deeper that has to take place is much bigger; that in itself will take time. If the exercises are hurting then yes, do less in one go but maybe fit in an extra session? The most important thing is to listen to your body - that is the best guide for you. Take care. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben