Where's tony gone

Options
Christimay
Christimay Member Posts: 112
edited 11. Jun 2013, 13:56 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi just popped in to see if tony is here hope life is not too bad at moment for him

Comments

• lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    not heard anything from him at all???
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I think the last post he made said he was having a rough time but he'd be back when he feels better. Hope things aren't too bad for him.
    Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hi, I heard from him today for the first time in a little while. I told him this thread was here and asked if he wanted me to update. He said yes so here I am. He is still having a rough time and is currently away. He hopes to come back soon but doesn't feel able as yet - I'm sure we can all understand that. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • applerose
    Options
    Glad you've heard from him. Sorry he's still having it rough but I'm sure we all understand. Get well soon Tony.
    Christine
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Thanks for the info DD.
    Tony miss you on here,thinking of you both.Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Thanks DD, sending you some Scottish hugs Toni ((((())))) hope you feel better soon...........tc...............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    Options
    hi all
    hope you feel better soon tony
    best wishes
    mike26 :roll:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I too hope he soon will be but, like one or two others on here, he's under the bigger, thicker end of the arthritis cosh. What about you, 'stranger'? You are also MIA - I hope things are not too rough for you at the moment but if they are I know that some of us on here will read and try to help with encouragement and support. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    I too, hope that Tony is soon feeling better.
    DD - thanks for the update. It was very kind of you to do that.
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I'm glad you got to hear from him I miss him but I understand he needs time away to deal with everything. I send him all my love and will be glad to see him back when he is good and ready.
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Thanks for the information DD
    Tony ...hope you will be back soon but I understand....take as long as you need. We aren't going anywhere fast :wink:
    Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Tony has you can see we are all missing you...come back when you are ready xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    well, what can i say ??
    Thank you all, you are very kind...

I am ok, just been rather down lately... have had a few trips away recently though so that has been a big help..
    Also, on saturday (1st June) we go to Spain for two weeks.... :D:D:D
    Going on the coach as we usually do, due to Janet ebing unable to fly...

Sooooo.... an update on things, well, I have been struggling with one flare after another, but have at least managed to stop the anti depressants.. my choice, not the doctors, but have coped ok so far.
    My elbows have been dreadful lately, even the inside crook and muscles have been very sore, that is a new one on me :shock:
    I think the sulpha has finally began to stop working but I havent chased up an appointment with the rheumy yet.... I really should as they might get the proverbial foot in the door back to orthopeadics for the knees.... they are horrid too...

Janet is doing ok, although she has now got an appointment with the rheumy team, lol... her hips have been getting worse lately.. her xray showed wear n tear but also something weird with the muscle...
    I think she really needs this holiday....

Mum is still living with us and is going to be putting the house in skeggy up for sale soon.. then try to find her a place around here somewhere..
    She hasnt been well lately, has had a few scares, blacking out etc.. she currently has a bp monitor on for 24hrs... has had a heart scan etc, we will know more after we get back. The hospital were not too impressed with her going but we will be very careful and keep a very close eye on her....

So, thats about it my dear friends...

Again, I am really sorry for being awol

I truly hope that everyone is as ok as can be, I do think of you all often.....

Xxxxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hello Tony. Thank you for the update, but sorry you have been having such a rough time lately. We all understand what you are contending with at present, and I do hope things improve for you, and Janet. Hope you will have a wonderful holiday and that it will do you all good. Take care. Beryl
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Tony
    Great to hear from you again.....I hope you and Janet have a great holiday.
    Like I said in my last post we aren't going anywhere fast...we'll still be about when you are ready to come back
    Love
    Hileena
  • lizzieuk1
    lizzieuk1 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Hey tony, lovely to see u back but sorry to hear things are rubbish at other moment - glad ur off on hols bit of sun can do wonders for the spirit.
    Know what u mean with continual flares been there myself for 2 years now :roll: but feel a glimmer of hope with the enbrel so hope to be good soon.
    We're all looking fwd to ur return and sending good vibes. Xx
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Have only just seen this thread, and wanted to say....Tony you are so missed on here. But you have really been going through it and can totally understand you not posting. Have a lovely holiday, you all deserve it. And maybe once you and your's relax, and come home you might feel a tad better.

Be good to yourself and get yourself back on the road to recovery(well feeling more on top of things).
    Karen xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Lovely to hear from you Tony, you and Janet go and have a lovely holiday hopefully it's what you need to help you feel a bit better, hopefully it will help your mum as well, take care ...................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • applerose
    Options
    Hi Tony. Thanks for the update. Sorry you are still having it rough. Have a great holiday and come back refreshed.
    Christine
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    Options
    hi tony
    you and family have a relaxing holiday in sunny spain
    come back refreshed. :P
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    Hi Tony ... I too miss you on here and always look for the dancing man. I hope your holiday in the sun makes a difference for you and look forward to seeing you on here when you are ready.

Susie
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Hi Tony
    Have a great holiday.. the sunshine always makes you feel better... i am sure you wil let us all know how fab the break has been.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Good to hear from you Tony,sorry things have been so rough for you.
    Hope you all have a good holiday. Mig
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Tony, so pleased to hear from you, Glad you have gone away to Spain, being away from home will make you relax more. Sorry you both have been suffering so much & with your mom passing out. If anyone needed a break is you two! Have a wonderful holiday, hope to hear from you when you get back.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    thank you all again, you are a wonderful bunch of arthritics :D
    Spain is wonderful, I have had a few bouts of real bad pain, we had a thunderstorm the night before last and yesterday I was pretty bad... doing ok today though, I am sat on the balcony sunbathing :D
    We are here with my mum, aunty, two great friends and my uncle and aunty from my biological dad's side have joined us too.
    We are just getting ready to have a picnic on the balcony, looking forward to that..

Have had a few tears whilst here, this time last yr dad was here with us.... miss him a great deal..

Thanks again one and all... I send best wishes and Yorkshire Blokey Hugs to all

Xxx :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP