One month off Meth.

Options
DebraKelly
DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
edited 21. May 2013, 14:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello Everyone,

As you know I stopped taking Meth back in April, as my husband and I are trying to start a family, for the first couple of weeks I was ok then I started to have problems.

My knee is now the size of a balloon, 2 weekends ago I got really bad siactica and could hardly move, ended up sleeping on the sofa because it was the only place I could get comfortable.

I went to physio and for a week or so got some relief and even managed a swim on Sunday.

But I am still in a lot of pain and really struggling to walk.
I am back at the doctor tomorrow and I am going to ask for another steriod injection into my knee (had one back in January) and see if there is anything that I can take other than Sulpa (i was on that last year and had a lot of problems with side effects from it) so don't really want to take it again.

Surely there has to be something else out there that you can take other than Meth and Sulpha?

I will keep you posted on progress.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. Meth and sulph are the two that spring to mind. Maybe your doc will know of something else.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • lizzieuk1
    lizzieuk1 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    I was advised I could take hydroxychloroquinine whilst TTC unfortunately none of the dmards have helped me since my son was born 2 years ago so starting anti tnf this week and delaying TTC until I feel a bit better- let's hope it works.
    I have had lots of depomedrone and they do help me, there are a lot who are on low dose steroids in pregnancy and TTC so perhaps discuss this with the doc, hopefully once u get to 12 weeks or so u will start remission.x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Aww Debra I was wondering how you were getting on ..I am sorry I cant offer any advice but I can offer my support...and we are always here for you...((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara