update on getting out of a chair

Options
mari50
mari50 Member Posts: 27
edited 22. May 2013, 05:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
A few months ago I posted a problem on this forum about having difficulty getting out of chairs. I took the advice given and got in touch with my OT who referred me to another hospital OT. I am now having a recliner chair which tips up. If anyone sits init I shall be able to use the ejector button to get them out. I have also been told that I should move into sheltered accommodation because of my disability. I have osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia. That is something I am not going to do until I am old and decrepid. Maybe tomorrow.
I feel a lot better now that I don't have to worry about feeling dizzy when I get out of a chair or falling backwards onto it again.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That's great news, Mari50. OTs can help enormously and, if you now feel able to hang on to your independence, that's even better news. Thanks for the update.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thats good news Maria...and I do love the idea of being able to eject people.. :lol: I am so glad you got in touch with OT....I have looked at these recliners and they do look good....you enjoy it..and you are not old and decrepit....you take care (((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara