Back again

gemmapetken
gemmapetken Member Posts: 263
edited 22. May 2013, 05:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I haven't been on this site since I fell pregnant in feb 2011. My little girl, Charlotte, was born on 11.11.11!! After a relativley easy pregnancy. RA was gone for 9 months! I loved it!
Unfortunately it reared its ugly head again about 6 months after she was born. I went back in the meds, sulpasalazaine and hydroclohnic (sp!). Was doing ok but since little one turned 1 have had four major flare ups uncontolked by steroids ;(
Upshot is I'm moving on to ati tnfs. I have been prescribed certolizumab pegol and am due to start next Tuesday. Has anyone got any advice ect of this drug? Also am worried about having anymore kids? It's all got a bit more serious!
Thank you
Gxx

Comments

• lizzieuk1
    lizzieuk1 Member Posts: 302
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi G,
    My baby boy was born march 2011 and since then I've also been uncontrolled, have had 9 depomedrone and tried 3 dmards! Like u am now starting enbrel on Thursday hooray at last. Am really hoping it'll help, looking after a toddler and trying to work has been v trying as I'm sure you'll understand.
    Can't offer any advice re anti tnf except my rheumy says that should we try for another baby they will keep me on the enbrel until 16 weeks and that i can stay on throughout if needed- been a fair number on it while pregnant and breastfeeding so that's v positive compared to the dmards and will hopefully mean a calm time while TTC and in 1st trimester.
    let's hope we both respond well and start enjoying some easier time with the little ones.
    Good luck.xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello again, Gemma. I'm sorry you've had a tough time recently. I know nothing about the anti-tnf in question other than its other name is cimzia and, if you enter that into the Arthritis Care search engine, quite a few things come up. Hope that helps.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Hi Gemma, sorry to hear you are feeling rough. I tried Cimzia for about 9 months but I got a lot of infections on (I have existing lung problems) and not enough benefit to continue taking it. I think there was some arrangement with the hospital where they didn't pay for the first three months so they put everyone on it. Hope it works for you.
  • gemmapetken
    gemmapetken Member Posts: 263
    Thank you
    That makes sense seeing as he stressed if no better in 3 months then he would take me off of it!!! Lol
    Gxx
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Hello Gemma, I've been on Cimzia now for just over a year and it has changed my life completely, I've only had one little flare in all this time, if I had to stop taking it I would be on my knees and my hands would stop working. I'm a big wuss when it comes to pain and having to do the injections myself was not a good prospect for me but, with the occasional shaky hand (when putting the needle in) it's been okay.

Good luck and I hope it works for you
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello and welcome back Gemma although I am sorry you are suffering...I was wondering how you was getting on...blimey it doesn't seem that long..
    I am so pleased you have your little girl...and really do hope the next phase of meds really do help you..((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara