Did any one see the Dr who quit working for ATOS

Options
HARPER04
HARPER04 Member Posts: 34
edited 23. May 2013, 03:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
Did any one see the Dr on the television who quit working for ATOS
His reason for doing so was that the assessment his words " Was skewed against the person attending and his conscience could no longer let him continue " He also said that the assessment was worded in such away that it made it difficult for the person attending to pass the Interview

Interesting don't you think ?
After reading some of the peoples posts on the forum who have attended the ATOS assessment it confirms a lot of my suspicions
I realise I have to be careful in what I say here but it does make you wonder
What do the rest of you think

Best wishes to you

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Harper
    We were listening to him on the radio in the car..very damming it was...he even said he was brought to tears with the way he had to deal with some people.
    They ought to be ashamed...
    Love
    Barbara
  • lizzieuk1
    lizzieuk1 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Sounds pretty typical of the way this government is treating the public to me!
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi Harper
    Very thought provoking I have not heard or seen the interview but wonder how long did he work for them?
    How long before he realised what he was doing was ethically wrong but then I'm just cynical as going to tribunal with mine!
    As far as I'm concerned all doctors are breaking their codes of conduct which is to do no harm as working for Atos is doing harm to the people they are assessing
    What I would like to know is how can they say a person with terminal cancer fit for work when they die even before they get a date for their tribunal!
    We all know there are benefit thieves out there so go get them not the sick and vulnerable people they are after!
    Ok rant over but it does get me so so mad I'm lucky as I have my NHS pension so can with the help if my husbands wage manage but so many are not as fortunate and those are the ones I really feel for
    Take care
    Maria
  • snowdrop123
    snowdrop123 Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi
    I am currently making an appeal against a decision made to stop my benefits after an Atos interview.

I did not hear or see the interwiew with the doctor who resigned but I shall see if I can find anymore info online. Sadly, I doubt that his protest will change anything with regard to Atos interviews which I do not believe are fit for purpose.

I am struggling to cope with writing an appeal letter and I am dreading having to, perhaps, go to a tribunal but it has helped me enormously being able to read the experiences of the other people who are in a similar situation to me on this site.
    Cheers
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Thank you for posting this Harper. I hadn't seen or heard this but have had a look online, the doctor in question said he couldn't allow his conscience any more to carry on two and a half years later. I also read an article about a nurse that had resigned as well and some of the stuff she revealed was unbelievable, I am not even going there, if I started I wouldn't stop, it sickens me to my stomach that genuine people are being targeted and having to go through harrowing assessments and endless form filling.........enough said. xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.