does arthtitus come with a warnin?

Options
leighleigh21
leighleigh21 Member Posts: 4
edited 22. May 2013, 12:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi ive been told i may have r arthritus. after having a detailed xray that showed the signs. i am in huge amounts of pain. but does arthritus come on with no warning, as one day i was fine and now with no warning or signs i am in constant pain everyday and have been now for 4 months

Comments

• ELAINE55555
    ELAINE55555 Member Posts: 123
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    HI Leighleigh21. It does not always come with a warning. I woke up one morning with a very sore wrist which I thought I had somehow broken in my bed! Within 3 days the other one came out in sympathy and I was diagnosed with RA within a week.
  • leighleigh21
    Options
    It sounds a simular story i kept thinking i had broken my toe on my right foot left it and left it until i could hardly walk but then it spread to nearly everyjoint in my body, so what can i do to help my pain, im on naproxen and co codamole but im so so tired i keep falling asleep.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I hope we can help. I see that you typed r arthritis - do you mean rheumatoid? That can come on very quickly and if it is that then naproxen may not be enough to help. Have you seen a rheumatologist or had any blood tests? Tiredness is part-and-parcel of arthritis, especially with the auto-immune sorts such as rheumatoid or psoriatic (that's my type). Resting is important and maybe you will be given another medication to take alongside the naproxen; many of us on here are on two or more meds. I also take cocodamol for the pain; I am on the 30/500 dose, what about you? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • leighleigh21
    Options
    Nice to meet you too, and thank you for replying.
    by r yes i did mean rheumatoid.
    My pain started approx 4 months ago, my toes throbbed and felt like the bone inside was bruised, never at my age did it occur to my that i may have some kind of arthritus, so i left it and left it until i could hardly walk, then doctors told me that i have muscle cramping in my foot, after doing some research i wasnt happy with the diagnoses as it wasnt a cramping pain, so i went again and saw the same doctor, who then sent me for blood tests who after another visit then sent me to rheumatology.
    He did some blood tests and an xray, but before make a disgnoses he wants me to have a MRI scan to rule out other things like MS.
    Mornings are the worst, the more i do seems to ease the pain.
    I came on this forum to see if my pains which are in my shoulders, my toes, under my feet, my knees, my wrists my knuckles and my thumbs suggest more rheumatiod or fibromyalgia syndrome, as my pain seems to be becoming worse everyday.
    Cocodamol im pescribed to take 2, 4 times per days (500ml)
    Piroxicam 20mg
    Naproxen
    Iburofen
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi
    Yes it can come on suddenly although mine was gradual I have osteoarthritis and inflammatory arthritis
    At least yourGP is now taking notice of you and when all the results are back he can give you a diagnosis
    I hope the medication will start to work
    Many of us on here are still trying to find what works the best so it can be a bit of trial and error till they get it right
    Hope you get some relief soon
    Maria