Just Diagnosed

techiedeb
techiedeb Member Posts: 11
edited 24. May 2013, 08:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,

Can anyone help? I have just been diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis but the Dr at the hospital just said i`ll put you on methotrexate and you will have blood tests every other week to get the dose right. I know a lot about this now as I have been researching it but my blood test has just come back negative to psoriasis so now i`m just thinking how can in have PA if I don't have the psoriasis as many websites say yoou have to have psoriasis to have the PA then others say you don't. Can anyone tell me more please. Everything mentions having PA after getting the psoriasis but not just having lLPA alone.

I would really appreciate anything you can tell me.

Debbie

Comments

• lily
    lily Member Posts: 160
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi

Sometimes you can get pa before the psoriasis, i was told this when i was first diagnosed, i had psoriasis a very long time ago now only get in in my head,

hopefully the meds will work for you

Take care
    Lily x
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hi Debbie

Welcome to the forum and lovely to meet you, I am afraid it is OA I have and can't answer you but I am sure there will be others around soon to help you out, hope to see you around............tc...........Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I hope we can help with information and support. I have PsA but without too much of the skin trouble: for years I was classed as an 'inflammatory arthritic' but when my skin helpfully obliged with a bout of psoriasis on my palms and soles the 'penny dropped'. It changed nothing in terms of the meds, however, they stayed the same.

Please be wary of researching the web for information - stick to reliable sites such as AC because there is so much innacurate information out there. I am struggling at the moment with my joints and the recent death of my mother so I won't say much now but I will be back later. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Hello and welcome
    This is a great forum with some wonderful people the help and support on here is never ending
    I would be lost without it
    Keep strong
    Maria