Pre assessment today

Options
maria09
maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
edited 24. May 2013, 03:37 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I've got my pre assessment this evening at 17.30hrs peak time in Harrogate so by the time I get there my blood pressure will be sky high before anything else happens.
I keep getting told I'm having a general I keep saying no I'm having a spinal
Not sure what to do as I know the operation will be longer than it was for my big toe fusion as 3 toes are having similar surgery so in a way it might be better to be out or the count
I just would have liked a choice without having to sound arsey(oops can I say that)
Will let u
You know how I get on
Maria

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good Luck Maria..I will be thinking about you tonight...its horrible when you get appointments at rush hour...please let us know how it all goes and what you decide....xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you. Mig
  • maria09
    Options
    Thank you both
    I got there with 5 mins to spare
    The CSW wondered why my pulse was fast! I said rush hour traffic and dashing up the stairs! Well not exactly dashing more a quicker than snails pace for me!
    It all went well
    Just explained I'd rather have spinal hopefully anaesthetist will agree and bump me up the list I'm fifth on an all day list
    Now back home cup of coffee feet up
    Maria
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Sorry I'm too late Maria.
    I'm pleased it went well, I hope you get your spinal, you're braver than me!
    Good luck with the op.
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • maria09
    Options
    Hi Numpty
    I wouldn't class me as brave I just want to make sure the op doesn't go wrong if I'm awake then I will know
    Also I don't like the idea of general as post op you can be really sick and I hate to be sick
    Maria