Sort of good news

Options
villier
villier Member Posts: 4,426
edited 25. May 2013, 16:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
Letter came today thought it was my tribunal date. It stated your appeal will not be sent to an independent tribunal as the decision has been changed in your favour, hooray!!!! but after reading the letter again it didn't state what group I am in so I phoned them up and was told I am in the work related activity group and money will be back dated to the date of appeal. OK, this is where the DWP are so crafty, after rereading the letter it states if I think the decision is wrong I have the right to appeal within one month of the date of the letter, as the letter is dated the 30th of April and this is now the 24th of May who are they trying to kid, I have been to the CAB this afternoon and the chap has made an appointment to see him again on Wednesday as they are closed on a Tuesday and of course bank holiday Monday, he thinks I should appeal as my neurologist actually said in his letter that I am not fit to work at any level, I am in a bit of a quandary as of what to do as he also said that if it went to tribunal they could actually over rule that I am fit for work, what would you guys do in this position..........................Marie xx :?
Smile a while and while you smile
smile another smile and soon there
will be miles and miles of smiles
just because you smiled I wish your
day is full of Smiles

Comments

• fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Marie

Sorry i cannot help you , but i wish you all the best .

karen xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hmmm. I am no expert in these matters but two questions spring to my mind. a) why has it taken them so long to send you the letter? Craftiness or mal-adminstration? And b) why have they ignored the comment of your neurologist? Do they know better than him?

I am glad you have another appointment at the CAB; for what it's worth I think it necessary to seek clarification on both these points. Let your MP know about this too. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • villier
    Options
    Thank you Karen for your kind words..............DD I will find out on Wednesday if it is commen for only having a week to re-appeal, I have to take all my letters with me for the chap at CAB to see, when I mentioned what my neurologist had written he looked quite surprised, I will see what happens on Wednesday, thank you for your reply.................Marie xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Marie I haven't a clue about these things...but boy they are crafty...it just shouldn't be like this...I really do wish you all the best with it...and good on you for going straight to cab...please let us know how you get on xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    Options
    Hi Barbara, thanks for the reply, I have had another letter today telling me I am now in the WRAG group and all that entails with money etc....the thing is it reiterates that I can appeal from the date on the letter, which is dated 22nd May :? I am so confused, I hope the chap at CAB will be able to sort this out on Wednesday.

Is this the DWP not knowing their a@"@e from their elbow.The thing is anyone out there, don't be afraid to appeal get letters from GP, consultants and any one else you see, your docs, consultants, they know you are not capable to work, I got nil points on the assessment and that has been overturned, I will take advice as where to go from here, good luck anyone that is in the same position.................tc..................Marie
    day is full of Smiles