Should I and how do I chase it up?

Options
sailrib
sailrib Member Posts: 327
edited 27. May 2013, 10:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
A few months ago, I had a ultra sound scan on my left forefoot as they thought I had a lump in my forefoot but the scan showed more arthritis which does cause me a lot of pain when I get caught out on uneven ground.

I haven't yet heard anything about a follow up appointmemt, even tho it was about 2 months ago or more.

I've just had my right foot fused under the same department (Foot and Ankle Clinic).

Should I chase it up or do you think they are waiting to finish with my right foot before they start investigating more on my left?

I really want another MRI scan on my left to show the full damage and I would like possible treatment options explained to me. (Had MRI on left in 2010 and fusion in 2011 but all the treatment was in the hind foot, no investigation/treatment in the forefoot).

Does anyone know how I would chase appointments up if you think I should chase it up?

The left forefoot pain was a separate referral from GP, then my hind foot problems which I was referred to in 2010.

Thank you :)

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi sailrib
    The one thing I have learned from this forum that if you are worried about anything and need help then give then a call....I know it can be hard we dont like to mather people ....but you will feel better once that phone call has been made...just tell them you would like to know hat is going on..good luck and please let us know how you get on x
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    Yes you should chase them....in a nice way lol
    I've always found that ringing the consultants secretary works.
    Different consultants I've been under.....if I've had queries about length of time etc I've rung the hospital and asked fro Mr ??? secretary.
    They've always been very helpful
    Good luck
    Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    I agree with the others Sailrib

It's time to chase them. You can't wait indefinitely - they don't realise you are anxious to be seen and are probably putting you down for a 6 month review or something.

A quick polite call does no harm and might do some good :)

love

Toni xxx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hi Sailrib

I have recently found that phoning consultants secretary's has been to my advantage, I had been through a few avenue's but did not get any satisfaction, like yourself I had not had any notification of tests I had done.

After a time and still having the same problems and feeling I was a pest phoned my consultants secretary and within a day he had returned my phone call, in my case it was my doctors surgery to blame they had not picked up the medication I should have been put on since January.

I am now never going to feel like a pest as mistake's can happen, any consultant I see now I am going to ask them if they can cc. a letter to me at least I will always be aware of any correspondence in the future and can pick up on any future discrepancies,.

Sailrib it is your right to know what is going on, so do not be intimidated to phone up and politely ask where your results are, hope you get some answers soon...........tc.........Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • sailrib
    Options
    Think you are right about having to ring up his sec. Always cautious about doing this as I know the surgeon outside of the hospital. Not as a friend but he also comes to my work so always worried about pushing too far.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    I can't see you being anything other than polite, not pushy.

Just think - if other people are doing it - you might be disadvantaging yourself by not doing it????

Love

Toni xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Might it be worth chasing the follow-up appointment and taking it from there?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • sailrib
    Options
    Going to get my Dad to ring up next week when I see him as I am deaf. The appointment was in September so def due a follow up :)