still non the wiser

Trayce
Trayce Member Posts: 110
edited 19. Jun 2013, 05:18 in Living with Arthritis archive
Bloods needed re doing so had them done they still was not right part from iron levels improving slowly so gp wanted more doing as of mums athritis finally am getting somewhere as he asked about my mum and also both me and mum have spine and hips wearing plus my mum has athritis so he did what ever bloods needed doing still non the wiser as of bank holiday so have to ring tues for them then prob need see gp he did look at my meds and his book to see if meds was causing problem I said been in all this pain well before meds especially the widespread pain so he said he was looking at possibilitys and rule out things but he did mention fibromyalgia again

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Trayce

None the wiser, but sounds like you are making slow progress?

He is redoing bloods and taking seriously the widespread pain I think from what he has asked and mentioning fibromyalgia too :?

Very good that he has 'heard' your Mum's history as it might be relevant.

Shame bank hols cause delays isn't it? :roll:

Hope you ahd some sun and got out in it a bit?

Love

Toni xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I agree with frog, Trayce. You're making progress, albeit slowly. That has to be good.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Trayce
    bloods are back have to see gp on thursday
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I too am none the wiser. :oops: What bloods are being re-done and what sort of arthritis affects your mum (and maybe you too)? I do apologise, I feel I should remember but being under a non-arthritis cosh over the past few weeks I admit I have lost track of a fair few on here. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    Good luck, Trayce, and please let us know how you get on.
    Steven Wright
  • Trayce
    dream daisy i have been really ill having to have minor operation so since dec I have had bloods for iron as my iron levels were very low along side that I have had the esr blood tests both done every three months and re done if need be I had the esr re done week before last along with iron and the esr was still not right iron had improved last week gp asked about mums athritis she has it in her neck spine and hip it is called spondylitis as for me X-rays have been done and spine and hips are wearing but having all this widespread pain and always tired so he ran so more tests
  • Trayce
    the two need repeating in July but the main blood test has been lost so has to be re done when nurse back in so be another two to three weeks before I know anything
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Wow thats annoying :?

FM patients often find their bloods come back normal. It seems unbelievable considering the pain moderate to severe sufferers are in ... Even inflammatory markers are barely raised most of the time!!

Personally I'd ask for a viral panel to be done to test for Lymes Disease, Glandular Fever etc as many they test for can mimic the widespread pain & fatigue, also tests for vitamin B12 & D3 (if I remember rightly, think its D3!) for the same reason.

Best of luck.x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • Trayce
    had all them bloods done

have to wait see if it turns up if not have it re done sick of all the blood tests and pain and tiredness
  • Trayce
    had the bloods re done weds waiting on results will ring in week as they can take a while but seeing gp Thursday
  • stickywicket
    I hope you can get some answers next week, Trayce.
    Steven Wright
  • Trayce
    well blood test for rheumatoid athritis was normal so wish had it least know what dealing with so still non wiser to what wrong and not happy gp asked what did he want me to do I said your the gp he said we stuck with what is wrong said fibromyalgia in past he said could be spondilytis cos mum has it I said but she not always tired and I said my whole body hurts where as mums does not got to do a pain record for two week
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Hi,

I know how frustrating trying to get an FM diagnosis is. It can take years for some tho. If ure GP is really struggling won't he consider sending you to a rheumatologist? Has he tested your tender points?? That's the 1st thing any GP should try if they suspect FM.

It was the last diagnosis I wanted or expected. There are so few ways to treat it & the fatigue is just awful.

How is your sleep pattern?

I hope you get answers soon.x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • stickywicket
    Believe me, Trayce, you don't wish you had RA :lol: though I can understand you'd like a firm diagnosis of something.

It's not quite clear from your post who is saying what. I gather you know you have fibromyalgia but might also have spondylitis.

The Pain Diary is a good idea. It might also help to record your activities so that you know what sort of thing - if any - sets it off.

I hope your doc will be able to tell you more once he's seen it.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Trayce

I suppose that's another thing ticked off the list. You do sound to have a good doctor who is prepared to at least keep trying to find out what is going on.

The search continues..... :?

Love

Toni xxx