Male Blind Spots

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
edited 30. May 2013, 12:01 in Community Chit-chat archive
I know we all have a blind spot but it seems to me that the male blind spot is rather larger than the female one. Things encompassed by Mr SW's blind spot include:

1. Loos. He believes they are self-cleaning.

2. Skirting boards. They never require dusting.

3. Windows. They only need washing when the wife has nagged for 2 weeks at least.

4. Clutter on flat surfaces. The latter, for him, are there to put things on. 'Things' (at a rough glance) include books, papers, letters received, letters to be posted, letters awaiting destruction, biros, kindle, phone, mobile phone, screwdrivers, superglue, newspapers, headphones, notebook, laptop, mouse, two small presents for the grandchildren, calculator, assorted doofahs for the TV, packet of tooothpicks. (This is just the living room.) as soon as I clear a space he gratefully dumps something else on it.

5. Cushions that guests have leaned against/partially sat on for so long they have welded themselves into the spaces between the suite's own cushions.

6. The washbasin/soap/towel he has used to wash/dry his hands after gardening. (Does anyone else have to wash the soap/soapdispenser before they can use it?)

I'm sure you can all add more :wink:
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• lurch1
    lurch1 Member Posts: 561
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    oh yes, i can add,

clean mopped floors, just perfect for walking across (you will be doing it again soon anyway)

shopping always puts itself in the kitchen cupboards

the sugar fairy fills the sugar bowl

kitchen roll just magically returns to a new roll when empty, ditto loo roll

letters attatch their own stamps before posting themselves

grrrrrrr.............
    best stop there, i can feel my blood pressre rising,,,,,,, :lol:
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Where does one start

1. Leaving a pile of clothes on a chair in the bedroom dirty or clean.

2. Walking by the hall cupboard and putting his jacket on a dining room chair.

3. You stand for hours in the kitchen making a three course Sunday dinner from scratch, he should clean up but can be left to the next day. :x

4. Pareing his nails with a penknife too lazy to go and get the nail clippers.

5. His ironing left lying on the dining room table for a week before it is put away(I ironed it).

6. Sitting watching me lug in a weeks shopping from the car.

I will stop there would probably run out of space, now that I don't have these problems I now live in a lovely tidy clutter free environment :lol:
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Rolling up his sweaty jackets or jumpers and putting them on top of my clean ironing pile.I'd be grateful if he hung it on the back of a chair let alone in the cupboard where it belongs.

He has a big blind spot when it comes to washing up. The best he can do is put the dishes in a bowl of soapy hot water and then walk off and in his eyes he has actually completed the job.

Yes I have to wash the soap dish and the soap before using it.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I must be very lucky, I can't say I've noticed any.
    Oh except for,
    Dirty dishes, he'll place on top of the dishwasher, can't seem to open the door and put them in.

And he sprays the weeds at the front of the house, but doesn't see them when they're dead and brown.

He does like to clear out drawers and cupboards, but then leaves all the "stuff" on the table for me to put away, I of course put it all back in the drawers and cupboards. :wink:

He ebays stuff from his sheds, brings it into the house to clean it, wrap it then post it, leaving paper, tape and filth for me to clean up.

He always notices if the cat or dog vomit, but has no idea how to clean it up.

He seems to clip his nails in the most random of places, but can't see the nails once they're detached.

Newspapers and magazines, are left open, on the floor.

Dental floss, never goes right in the bin, it's always hanging over the edge, or on the floor next to the bin.

If a beer can is scrunched up, it doesn't need putting away.

And that's just today! :roll: :lol:
  • Philippa1961
    Philippa1961 Member Posts: 38
    Options
    Dropping clothes where he takes them off infuriates me the most but other things that infuriate me are;

- making balls out of his socks before they go into the washing machine.
    - the laundry fairy gets clothes into the washing machine and puts them on the line then brings them in to be ironed and put away.
    - leaves plates on the floor until I either run out of large plates or he decides to hoover.
    - the bath fairy runs a bath for him.
    - the pet fairy feeds the dogs and cat.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    My husband has an enormous blind-spot, namely me. The bendy, shapely and reasonably active woman he married has morphed into a stiffened, blobby and inactive woman but yet he loves me still. I love him too - that is one bit of me that hasn't changed. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Better not get me going.... :roll: :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    tkachev wrote:

He has a big blind spot when it comes to washing up. The best he can do is put the dishes in a bowl of soapy hot water and then walk off and in his eyes he has actually completed the job.

Elizabeth

Blimey Elizabeth are we married to the same man :shock:

Great thread Stickywicket thanks

I have laughed out loud at some of them :lol:
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Blimey Elizabeth are we married to the same man :shock:

I'm starting to feel there is only one man in the world and we've all married him.

DD you're right :oops: Mine might have his faults (as does his wife) but his good points vastly outweigh his bad ones.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Mr DD will change the loo roll, will bring his washing down, do it and his ironing if things are too rough with me but there are some 'irritations'. When he's cooking the floor ends up covered in bits of peelings, crushed bits of veg, every teaspoon used and draining board chaos rules, and when wee-ing he doesn't always remember to flush (always stoutly denied by him). The latter is very irksome. DD
  • Philippa1961
    Philippa1961 Member Posts: 38
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Mr DD will change the loo roll, will bring his washing down, do it and his ironing if things are too rough with me but there are some 'irritations'. When he's cooking the floor ends up covered in bits of peelings, crushed bits of veg, every teaspoon used and draining board chaos rules, and when wee-ing he doesn't always remember to flush (always stoutly denied by him). The latter is very irksome. DD

My husband has a twin that he hasn't told me about :shock: not that he cooks very often. I have to clean the kitchen before food is dished up as there isn't one clean surface. He wonders why I suffer with selective OCD particularly after he's been in the kitchen .....
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    I've developed the rare male illness called Winnitus, its a droning sound that makes me impervious to the constant moaning of the war office so I happily drift throughout the world oblivious to her constant harassment!. :mrgreen: that said its not totally fool proof as I still get a bit of hassle break through when I'm in the car so I now calls her the nagnav!. :shock:
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • mellman01
    Options
    :shock: :oops: :mrgreen:
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Get in, Mel! :lol: It's nice to see your name again. DD :)
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Mines perfect, he tells me often enough ! Mig
  • mellman01
    Options
    Hi DD sorry I've been keeping off on here been doing a fair bit of astronomy, well that and DIY, the latter is playing havoc with me flippers, I'm so tight I just can't justify paying someone to do it while I can still stand up!.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I ain't been around much either. My mum died so I am now a 54 year old orphan. It's phacking awful. :( All part of life's rich tapestry? I would quote Mr R Tomlinson as Jim Royal but I won't. I hope you, Mrs Mel and Mel juniorette are all doing as well as possible. DD
  • lizzieuk1
    lizzieuk1 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    I am now totally convinced there is only one man in the entire world but he hides in various bodies to try and avoid the firing squad that is his wife!
    Obv god created man then thought, being a man himself, ' ahh this man is perfect I need only create the one, but just to keep the women happy I'll give him some different bodies! ' :roll:
    Oh how wrong he was, typical man!!!!