Sagazone closed down in February .....

elnafinn
elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
edited 31. May 2013, 11:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
Sagazone, an online forum for the over fifties has been shut down because of “racist, homophobic and anti-Semitic comments” – proving that you’re never too old to become an online troll.

Although a member on that site, this was news to me because it is months since I logged on to Sagazone. I believe a couple of former posters from this forum moved over there some time ago now.

I found out today because a new online community has just been created for the over 50s by an ex-Sagazone member and I have been invited to join.

I learn something new every day. ;)

Elna
The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.

Comments

• elnafinn
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Mell

Good to hear from you. I see you posted on Working Matters zone too.
    I hope you are ok-ish. Still growing chillies, I presume. ;)

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I had a look on sags a few months ago now, must say found it a bit scarey.. :o maybe its the older we get the naughtier....of course that doesn't include me... :oops: :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Hi girls yep still growing them there Chilli's Elna I have gone all daft and high tech this year, I have bhut jolokia commonly called the Ghost Naga I also have Dorset Naga's and I also have ring of fire but I don't normally like to talk about that! :oops: .
    I'm using coconut fibre perlite and vermiculite grow medium and a fully organic feed, so far its all OK I have two plants in fruit already. I'm also paranoid about PH and Nitrogen block so I have root flushed already but one plant doesn't look happy but it could be the soil flush, they like it very dry and very hot and the heats been a bit low as well, to be honest your better off buying the dam fruit off the web its a lot easier.
    As for Saga yes it was a bit of an odd place Barbara even for me, all you got were arguments whatever you did, I tried to take a central line but when you here people exulting nuclear proliferation you might as well give up like I did, I know it got a bit "sporty" on here a while back but honest to God I've never been on a site that was so messed up, I ended up on another chat forum and after a month from me leaving one of the anti-semits turned up on there moaning how he'd been kicked off of there, lets just say I never went back to that forum either!.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    I heard on radio 2 I think ages ago Elna, and wasn't at all surprised as someone i knew used it. She was horrified by the lack of moderation and the nastiness of some of the members. I took a peek and was glad I wasn't old enough :?

Hope the new forum is much better.

Not good for Saga's reputation really is it?

Love

Toni xxx
  • elnafinn
    Hi Toni

:lol: Saga's reputation is zilch with me after seeing how they robbed my mum because she stayed with them for years with her home insurance. Nowadays it pays to shop around annually but the elderly are not aware of this so much so tend to stay put and do they pay for doing just that.

Elna x

• elnafinn
    mellman01 wrote:
    Hi girls yep still growing them there Chilli's Elna I have gone all daft and high tech this year, I have bhut jolokia commonly called the Ghost Naga I also have Dorset Naga's and I also have ring of fire but I don't normally like to talk about that! :oops: .
    I'm using coconut fibre perlite and vermiculite grow medium and a fully organic feed, so far its all OK I have two plants in fruit already. I'm also paranoid about PH and Nitrogen block so I have root flushed already but one plant doesn't look happy but it could be the soil flush, they like it very dry and very hot and the heats been a bit low as well, to be honest your better off buying the dam fruit off the web its a lot easier.

Wow Mell you are taking the chilli growing seriously but I remember you were disappointed last year. May be easier to buy the fruit off the web but then where is the satisfaction in that! I am sure with all the TLC you are giving these chillies they will be HOT!

Elna x

• frogmorton
    Oh bless her Elna :shock:

That makes me rather cross. I shall check what MIL and ex MIL are doing with their's. Thanks for the heads-up because yes the DO tend to be very loyal don't they?

Hope you are ok? I think of you a lot at the moment.

Love

Toni xx
  • elnafinn
    Thank you Toni. Yes, I am ok at the moment. We shall be at the bungalow at the weekend sorting through things. Will probably have very mixed emotions about doing that.

Yes, a good idea to mention it to your MIL and ex MIL as we never thought to ask.

Love
    Elna x

• frogmorton
    Good luck sorting Elna....as you know I had to do the same myself. It isn't easy, but it is 'right' and once you have got over it, it is a good thing to do.

Sad though :(

Sending you some of my strength

Love

Toni xxx
  • elnafinn
    Thank you Toni,

Love
    Elna x

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Oh sorry Elna I saw this recently I thought you would have known. I went to have a look (now I've hit 50 ) and it was closed down. I read the newspaper links and it sounds like a lot of contentious posts about the middle east were the start of it :roll: members were banned and then their friends were banned for asking why others had been banned and so on it goes.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elnafinn
    I agree Unsure there were some good subjects on the zones and people locally got together too, as you say. Shame for quite a few users as it appeared to be their lifeline. I was on the site for a time quite a way back but stuck to certain subjects. Then other things too over so I was well out of the loop until I got notification of this new group starting up which I have joined. Not sure how often I shall be on it though.

Elna x