Please help

jenzie06
jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
edited 6. Jun 2013, 10:02 in Community Chit-chat archive
In desperate need of some positive thoughts and prayers for my mum. She managed to put her ovarian cancer into remission for about 8 months but its now back with a vengeance.
We discovered on Wednesday that it has spread to her brain and she has a 6cm lesion. Now she faces not only chemo for the other tumours in her tum but radiotherapy for her head. Ultimately she is not going to win, we are just buying time but I'm not ready to say goodbye to the most wonderfully supportive mum anyone could ever be blessed with.
Not sure we can cope, I'm off my meds after going into anaphalatic (sp) shock with the last lot and I can't afford to be poorly too.
Please send any good thoughts you can.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    OH Jen :(

I am so so sorry for your poor Mum, but more so for you in a sense because you love your mum so very very much :?

I am so sorry the vile disease has spread and also angry. It seems to choose the best people sometimes......

Of course I can spare some strength for her, her need is far greater than mine at the moment.

Love and (((()))) for you and your Mum
    t69104.gif
    Toni xxx
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    I'm very sorry to hear this, life can be so unfair.
    I wish for you, the strength to see you through this most difficult of times.
    ((((()))))
    Numpty
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Jen I'm so sorry for what you're going through and for what is to come,my thoughts and prayers are with you .sending hugs (((()))) and for your mum too (((()))) . Mig
  • Catie
    Catie Member Posts: 362
    Jen, my thoughts and prayers are with both you and your mum at this sad and difficult time. I'm so sorry this has happened.

Catie x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm so sorry, jenzie. This is very hard for you all.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    I am so sorry this is happening to you're mum and of course you. These are going to be very difficult times and my thoughts and love go out to you, your mum and your family. I wish I could be there and give you big hugs but am sending some to both you and your mum. You know we will always be here for you whenever you need us.

Some more hugs of comfort coming your way.
    Karen xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Jen so sorry to hear this, sending you and your mum lots of love (((())))) and all of my spoons................take care thinking of you both....Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Jen I am so very sorry to hear this...my heart and prayers go out to you and your Mum....((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm still thinking about you and your poor Mum, Jenzie. How is she bearing up? And you?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    Also still thinking about you and your mum Jen XX
    day is full of Smiles
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Oh bless you, my heart goes out to you Jen and your Mum, I'm sending you very gentle hugs for both of you
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • frogmorton
    Just popping by and wondering if you'll have time to call in.....you are probably very busy Jen :?

I hope you and your Mum can feel the psitive vibes coming your way

Love

Toni xxx
  • villier
    Still thinking about you and your mum Jen ((((())))) xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello Jenzie
    i'm thinking about you and your lovely mum I know what you are going through.
    ((((((((Jenzie and her mum))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Jen, I'm sorry so you & your mum are having to go through such a devastating time. I hate cancer! My family are having to go through an awful time with it my OH's aunt has terminal cancer it started off in her breasts and has spread. We are playing for time with her as you are with your mum. I send you both ((((HUGS)))) & prayers.
  • jenzie06
    Thank you for all your best wishes.
    We are doing ok. Just taking one day at a time. Went to my nephew's christening at the weekend and it was hard. The hardest thing is dealing with the sympathy as it sets me off crying!! Same with mum. She didn't go as she was at her most vulnerable with the chemo. The radiotherapy starts next week. Fingers crossed it does it's job and puts it into remission for a long time.
    We are managing to keep laughing and talking.
    We got our new puppy last week - 8wk old Golden Retriever - so he is keeping me busy and making me laugh.
    Can't bear to think of what may happen sooner than we thought, not sure if that is healthy or not.
  • frogmorton
    Jen

I am glad to see you I was wondering this morning hwo you both are dloing. Very wise for your Mum to avoid all the potential germs.

I should think it's natural to try not to think of a future without your Mum. Every now and then it will sneak in and you will think of for as long as you can cope, but no more.

I am so glad you have your puppy - little does he realsie how much he will mean to you :) What are you calling him?

You take care strength love and good vibes on way

love

Toni xxx
  • jenzie06
    His name is Brian (as in Monty Python - he's a very naughty boy!). He's certainly keeping us on our toes.
  • villier
    Jen

Glad you and your mum are doing ok and are managing a wee laugh here and there, I am keeping my fingers crossed about the radiotherapy, here's hoping,. The puppy sounds adorable and he will at least keep you focused for a while........sending you both some hugs and lots of love.............tc.............Marie xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Hi Jen
    I've only just seen your post
    I'm so so sorry to hear about your mum it is such a nasty nasty disease
    We lost my father in law and uncle within five months to cancer and it tears you apart also my mum had a severe stroke that same year luckily she's still alive but has lost her sparkle and some days I just want my old mum back but on a good day some of the sparkle I'd there and that means so much to me.
    Keep your memories alive go through pictures together to remind you of all your good days
    Just take each day at a time and try not to think ahead too much as it makes it harder to cope
    I'm so glad you have Brian great name for a dog by the way he certainly sounds like he keeps you on your toes
    You both are in my thoughts and prayers
    Maria
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello Jenzie
    its hard to keep laugh at times good luck to your lovely mum
    Brian is a lovely dog i had a golden retiever years ago i now have a long haired dachshund he can sit on my scoota when he goes for a walk he's 13 years old
    ((((((((Jenzie and her mum))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx