weight update

Options
gilly1957
gilly1957 Member Posts: 212
edited 16. Jun 2013, 15:47 in Community Chit-chat archive
Not posted for a while.....I have now lost 4 stone and 9Ib......still have a way to go but it is getting harder to get it off now :(

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Crikey, I bet it is, Gill :o What a fantastic achievement! Well done, you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • gilly1957
    Options
    Thank you Sticky. :)
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Wow well done that's amazing
    I bet you are feeling much better
    Maria
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    Wow, Gilly! Well done you. I am sooooo impressed. Where did you find the willpower? I am sure my diet will start again on Monday as it does most Mondays. :( Congratulations! Any secrets to pass on? I suppose the odd glass of red is out of the question. Heyho ... I'll keep trying.

Susie
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    That's amazing Gilly! Well done.
    I'm like Susie, start a diet every Monday morning, it usually lasts until lunchtime. :oops:
  • gilly1957
    Options
    Thank you all for your lovely replies..

I had to do it as I was very overweight!!!

I have been going to a ladies only gym,which has helped alot,but I do struggle with it, and try to eat sensibly lol

Susie....I have a drink on a Friday and Saturday!!

I tend to diet Mon-Fri and do what I like at weekend!!

Maria I do feel better for it, but not helped the OA

I was the same Numpty till my GP put me on exercise on prescription and it had got to the point when I knew I HAD to loose some weight :roll: :roll:
  • RosieGlow
    RosieGlow Member Posts: 175
    Options
    Very well done. I`m sure you are feeling really pleased. I was interested in what you said about it being hard to lose weight now.

I`ve lost 4 stones 1lb, and have just 6lbs left, to get to the target I set myself.. It is proving an absolute b*gger to get rid of the last few pounds, so I felt a bit better hearing that you are having the same problem.....sorry, I don`t mean that in a bad way. I`ve decided to try the 5 2 diet for a few weeks to see if that helps. I`ve heard good things about it, and it might just kick start my metabolism......she says hopefully.

Good luck, and I`m sure we`ll both get there.....Rosie.
  • gilly1957
    Options
    Hi Rosie, the 4 stone 9Ib has come off since the middle of January, but now I am loosing 1-3 Ib a week, I am impatient and its not quick enough....

Wish I only had 6Ibs left lol....you will get there, like I said I eat sensibly during the week and then eat what I fancy at weekend.

Let me know how you get on with the new diet.

I find with me I need to exercise, I can't loose weight by just diet, I think the exercise helps my metabolism, which is bad as I have an under active thyroid which doesn't help .

Gill
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Gilly just saw this thread, that is amazing the weight you have lost, I take my hat off to you I have been in the same situ, you are going in the right direction and I personally would not try and lose any more now than your body is telling you too, 1 to 3 pounds a week is telling you are stabiliasing, which is still fantastic you might lose an extra few pounds here and there , you will get there, don't give up lovely............tc.........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • RosieGlow
    RosieGlow Member Posts: 175
    Options
    Well, I tried the 5 2 diet this week, and it wasn`t as bad as I feared. I did Monday and Thursday as the fasting days. You are only allowed 500 calories on those days, so I left it until six in the evening and had them all together. I drank fruit tea throughout the day. It seems to have done the trick. Only a 1.5lbs loss, but taking me that bit nearer to the target I set myself.

I purposely bought some clothes for my holdays that were another size down, which is why I am so determined to get rid of the last half stone. The clothes are fitting me now, but a little bit on the tight side.

Speaking to others who have had a big weight loss, maintaining it seems to be harder than actually losing it in the first place! I am very determined this time though........Rosie.
  • gilly1957
    Options
    Thank you Marie for your comments, I still have a way to go but I am never going to be a skinny my body just isn't made that way :roll:

I agree its harder to maintain the weight loss, I lost lots 20 years ago and it all came back on over time!!!

Rosie I'm sure you will get into your new clothes,what a lovely incentive having a holiday to look forward to...enjoy :)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Gilly and Rosieglow you are both AMAZING!!!

My eldest is watching her weight and so is my husband. Both are more than happy with 1-3lbs a week - and I am the one organising their meals :roll:

Well done you two :D

Love

Toni xxx
  • gilly1957
    Options
    Thank you for your comment Toni

Are you finding it hard to keep finding a variety of healthy recipes :roll:
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    Just seen this post gilly been busy lately and not on here much but I have lost 4st 5.5 lbs now since last September and my average weight loss can be between 0.5 and 2lb they say it is best to loose it at a rate of 1-2lb a week as then its stays off longer. So you are going the right way try to be patient you will get there I do it with Slimming World and have lots of recipe books and lots of sw magazines they produce 1 every month and they have lots of recipes in so we eat a good variety of foods they sell the mag in lots of newsagents they may help with variety. :)
    Stay positive always👍xx