New to this

Options
Icandoit
Icandoit Member Posts: 3
edited 14. Jun 2013, 08:12 in Say Hello Archive
Hello, my name is Gary, I am 32, am a qualified chef, and have diagnosed with seronegative rheumatoid arthritis, simple terms- inflamed joints. I was working abroad when it started and hampered my career there, so I had to come back for a second diagnose. So now I missing the stress and the energy in a kitchen. But i feel i might need a career change. Can anyone help on this topic, please

Many thanks

Gary

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Gary. It's good to meet you but not good that you have RA. It must be very difficult for you working in the stressful environment of a kitchen. Stress isn't good for arthritis. I hope we can be of help but I certainly couldn't advise on a career change. I wonder if a chat with our Helpline people would be useful to you. The number's at the top of the page.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hi Gary

Welcome and pleased to meet you, sorry to hear you have RA, there are a lot of helpful, caring people on here with loads of knowledge. Regards to a career change I used to work in catering and one of my old bosses used to teach and made a fair bit of money from it as well, or as Sticky said try the helpline they may be able to help, hope to see you around ........tc............Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I like your positive username - that's the attitude to have young man. :wink:

I take it you have seen a rheumatologist - have any meds been discussed? It could be that the right med or combination of meds could bring things under better control for you and therefore you may well still be able to work in your preferred field (I loathe cooking, maybe I could employ you? I'm sure I could create some kitchen pressures for you, like getting in your way. :lol: ) but I would urge you not to make any hasty decisions about your future. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Gary and welcome to the forum..
    I see the others have given you some advice, if you need help or have any questions just post them in LWA..there is lots of info on the site and we do like to support one another...you take care and I hope to see you posting more very soon.
    Love
    Barbara
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi Gary
    Welcome to the forum
    I've nothing else to add but welcome
    Maria