Phew!!!!

Options
villier
villier Member Posts: 4,426
edited 15. Jun 2013, 11:17 in Community Chit-chat archive
Trying to be super efficient this morning as I had my boiler check between 10.00 and 12.00, I decided as I was showered and dressed by 8.30 I would go and do my food shopping and be back in plenty of time for the gas man.

I stay in a first floor flat with 20 concrete stairs up to it and no handrails, as I was gingerly going down the stairs(as I always do) all of a sudden I lost my balance, fell back with my legs up in the air(god what a sight) and proceeded to crack my left elbow on one of said stairs, first reaction is please don't let any of my neighbours see me lying here in a crumpled heap :oops: (and, no SW and ND I was not on the wine at 8.30 in the morning :lol: )

The shopping got done and gas man came and went, by this time my elbow was the size of an orange and the colour of the earl of h*ll's waistcoat :? and a bit squidgy to touch.

I rang my surgery and was told to get to minor injuries and get an x-ray, well the elbow was duly x-rayed and I have fractured the s**d**g thing, the panic then set in I thought I was going to be in plaster cast up to my oxter :o but the nurse said the bone will heal it's self with a sling and rest............Phew, there is one thing for sure I won't be highland dancing on the stairs again :lol: xx
Smile a while and while you smile
smile another smile and soon there
will be miles and miles of smiles
just because you smiled I wish your
day is full of Smiles

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Dear Ms SuperEfficiency (aka Dozy Wassock),

1. (((((()))))). (It’s OK, I avoided the elbow.)

2. I don’t know how on earth you manage without handrails (Well, obviously, this time you didn’t :roll: ) but please get some up asap. You need them.

3. I do empathise about the neighbour thing. When I went a purler the other week my first thought was ‘I hope no-one sees me’, my second was ‘If no-one sees me, how will I get up?’ and my third ‘I still hope no-one sees me’ :roll:

4. Of course I didn’t think you were on the wine. You were obviously off out to get some :wink:

5. When your elbow goes down to the size off a golf ball can Mr SW have it please? He loses a lot and the colour will be helpful in locating it :lol:

6. ‘a sling and REST’. NB, Don’t forget the last bit.

7. ((((((()))))))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    No, of course you weren't on the wine but surely that's a tad early for a single malt. :wink:

Villier, you poor girl and I am so sorry. Accidents happen (and they're rarely good) but I think you may have got off lightly with this one (feel free to belt me one with your good arm) because it could have been far worse and I am pleased it isn't. My dad hurt his left elbow in a very similar way and it eventually healed. Keep up with the dullers, yes? ((())) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Awwww poor you. I hope you aren't too shaken, I'm sending big hugs to you and I hope you are consoling yourself with that single malt. Mr LV did the same thing last year stepping out our back door and somehow forgetting it had a raised bit he needed to step over. Needless to say, I didn't extend such sympathy to him but then he was nowhere near as stoical and brave as you! LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Ooh eck Villier, you didn't want to do that!!
    Rest up now, and have a glass or two of something nice, (for the shock you understand :wink: )

Take care (((())))
    Numpty x
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Ouch poor you
    What a day you have had
    Hope you are now resting
    You may need a nip of the old good stuff to help calm your nerves
    Sending a gentle hug ((((( )))))
    Maria
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Awww it doesn't rain but pours has they say...elbows are blinking painful things...suppose I have no need to tell you that.. :roll: now you get ice on it in-between rest..the last time I fell a bus pulled up beside me full of passengers :shock: ..so dont worry about the neighbours...I hope its not to painful (((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    Options
    Thank you ladies the 'Dozy Wassock' is alive and well :wink:

Sticky, am I that predictable I go out at 8.30 in the morning for my 'supply', of course Mr SW can have my black and blue golf ball, even, free of charge, see we Scots are not as mean as people think :lol:

DD, are you 'psychic' I bet you even know the brand of it :D

LV, oh! poor hubby, why is it we all give sympathy to other people and not to our OH's, it is lovely to see you posting hope you and the wee ones are doing well, they must be getting so big now.

Numpty, to have one or not to have one.......oh go on then you twisted my arm, for medicinal purposes you understand :roll:

Maria, I would have had a nip of the old good stuff but last time I was on pocket duties, somebody who shall remain nameless finished the bottle and to add insult filled it with tea.........greedy mare :lol:

Barbara, oh!!! poor you, you had to go the full hog didn't you in front of an audience, if we all didn't have our problems we would get up quicker than we go down, afraid those days are by. :P

Thank you ladies for all your hugs and kind words, you are a wonderful bunch xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Oh Villier!!

you do have my sympathy - you poor thing :(

Take care now and REST that poor arm :shock:

love and very gentle ((()))

Toni xxx
  • villier
    Options
    Awe thank you Toni, I have been resting most of the day it actually looks worse than it is xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Don't think, for one moment, that we'll believe that :) Care to join me in a wee dram of Ardbeg? (Better than pain meds :lol: )
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    Options
    Aye believe it, I think you might have a wee inkling who the culprit is :lol: Salute!!!!!
    day is full of Smiles
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Have only just seen this so sorry I am late.Hope the "medicine" has helped take the pain away.These things are so easily done hope there's no lasting damage. Mig

ps any medicine left ?
  • villier
    Options
    Awe thank you mig, yes I'm sure it will heal fine and the 'medicine' is helping :wink: plenty of medicine left unless someone has turned it into tea again :lol:
    day is full of Smiles
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,933
    Options
    Hello Villier
    i'm sorry you had a fall it happens so quick.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • villier
    Options
    Thank you Joan, I trip all the time it was inevitable it was going to happen on the stairs at some point, two left feet :lol: xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    Options
    How's the orange today, Marie? I hope things are a bit easier though I must say it seems unlikely. ((()))
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    Options
    Thank you Sticky, it is still large hot and squidgy and to crown it, it has set off a neuropathy flare oooo la la :shock: will teach me to be a bit more careful in future, right, where did I leave the morphine :lol: xx

PS Mr SW is not getting his FREE golf ball yet :wink:
    day is full of Smiles