Registrar Letter

Options
MerryChapman
MerryChapman Member Posts: 45
edited 16. Jun 2013, 13:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
I received a letter through the post today which said (among other things) that I have severely spastic hips bilaterally. I thought I was having quite a good week! :D

Comments

• kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear, guess that's ruined what you thought was a good week?! Hope the rest of the letter was more positive for you. Can they do anything to help you? I do hope so. Take care. Beryl
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    I wouldn't have known whether to laugh or cry in ure shoes!! I hope you weren't to gutted? (((hugs))) x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Keep on enjoying life. With 'severely spastic hips' (whatever that means) it sounds like you need to make the most of things while you can :lol:

My motto is: if it aint broke don't fix it and if it aint a problem it aint broke :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm glad you'r feeling better. Don't let the letter get you down, I don't know what that means, but if you'r coping, carry on!!!
    Love Sue xxx
  • MerryChapman
    MerryChapman Member Posts: 45
    Options
    I don't know what it means either! I managed to read the rest of the letter with the help of the Internet. I am waiting to go on the list for a hip replacement but will happily celebrate a relatively good day or week when they happen.

All joking aside, the letter will play on my mind for a few days (it's difficult seeing your issue written down in medical speak with all the range of movement percentages), then I'll deal with it and wait for next letter.

Right now, I'll enjoy the Hobbit DVD and wait for the roast pork to cook! Xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,473
    Options
    Oh merry

I am sorry the letter has upset you. In your shoes I would make an appointment to see your GO for clarification.

Take care now

Love and ((()))

Toni xx