Achey Achey Day

Options
maria09
maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
edited 18. Jun 2013, 07:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I know the title sounds like a song wish it was :lol:
Everywhere is aching today don't know which joint is worse grrrrrr
Only bit that doesn't ache is my operated foot!
Just managed to wash up now resting
Thinking of having a bath but that's difficult especially as I can't get my left foot wet
If any one could se me trying to get in and out they would be in hysterics :!:
It's funny but I ain't laughing when I'm trying to get out not a pretty sight :oops:
Plus no ones home might wait till son comes in from college saying that I'm not having him helping me if I'm stuck starters in the bath that would scar him for life :lol:
At least I can laugh about it
Hope I've brought a smile to your faces
Maria :oops:

Comments

• lily
    lily Member Posts: 160
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Maria

you have certainly brightened up my Monday afternoon so thank you..

I know what you mean about getting help for the bath but my son still does help me but I put a bikini on cos I certainly don't want to scar him for life,

hopefully you will start to feel a little better tomorrow

Take care
    Lily x
  • maria09
    Options
    Hi Lily
    Even a bikini would scar him for life :lol:
    I managed it with very little trauma success :lol:
    But I'm exhausted so coffee and feet up
    Maria
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It's a s*d isn't it? You just don't know from day-to-day how things are going to be and what'll be what. It could be the after-effects of the surgery or it could just be because it wants to cause trouble. Damnéd disease. I'm glad you managed the bath without mishap, hopefully the soak in warm water has helped matters. Keep on taking things easy. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lizzieuk1
    lizzieuk1 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Oh to have a bath., has been about 4 months now since I had one, the trauma of trying to get in or out is too much even with hubby hauling me it totally takes away any benefit of being in there!!
    Should add I do shower!!! :lol:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Maria days like this are awful, but you have a sense of humour and that will get you through..with us lot behind you of course... :) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • maria09
    Options
    Thank you all
    Maria
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Hi Maria, I hope things are feeling easier now. Well done on the bath front. :D
    Take care,
    Numpty

Lizzie, I've got a bath lift, I got it from the occupational therapist. It works really well, and is easy to use. It's not the same as having a proper bath, (you don't sit low enough in the bath) but it's better than being hauled in and out by brute strength. :wink:
  • lily
    lily Member Posts: 160
    Options
    Maria

well done on the bath, its been a while since ive managed a bath,have to do showers which although they clean you its not the same as relaxing in the tub, hopefully wont be too long before you can manage even if its only once in a while

Take care
    Lily x
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Glad to see you are keeping your pecker up Maria, hope you are feeling a bit better now, you did give me a good giggle :lol: .........................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • lizzieuk1
    lizzieuk1 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Lizzie, I've got a bath lift, I got it from the occupational therapist. It works really well, and is easy to use. It's not the same as having a proper bath, (you don't sit low enough in the bath) but it's better than being hauled in and out by brute strength. :wink:

Thanks numpty, I did think about a lift, decided if it couldn't be a proper soak I wouldn't bother, we're lucky to have a hot tub :o so if hubby s about I get in that for as good soak is lovely but doesn't really clean you!