update with clinic apt and work situation

Options
mazbaz
mazbaz Member Posts: 38
edited 18. Jun 2013, 12:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,

Thought I'd update you on my previous situation. Have had 1st apt at follow up clinic (it was an emerg one as was in a bit of a state!) Lovely lovely lady saw me and was so much more human and understanding than the Rhuemy himself!
Said I was indeed having a nasty flare up and gave me another steroid injection. Should I be worried Ive had 6 of these now since last December???
Also increased me up to 10 meth a week. Said it is early days yet to get the dose right for me, (since Decmeber 2012)
Have felt fabulous since the steroid inj kicked in so have been able to ride horse (o Joy) and feel completley for poor Lizzieuk and anyone else who has a horse.
My home is clean too as Ive been able to do some much needed housework! :)
Also told my manager at work about my RA/OA and she was lovely! Said to let her know if I needed anything or anything changing at my work station and also thought it best that I tell colleagues so that they can help me if needed!
Am feeling much more in perspective about the whole situation and had heart to heart with OH as I felt it not fair on him a lot of the time but he was just his gorgeous lovely self as usual and reassured me that its not a problem for him :D:D
So we are all good til this steroid wears off again ...........

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,474
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Maz

Sounds like you and your OH are in this together - well done for braving the conversation :)

So nice to have the reprieve in your symptoms since the steroid jab (great to have a clean house too!!) and if it wasn't ok the rheumy wouldn't have given you it. Once the meds are at the right level you shouldn't need them.

Glad your work were good too - such a relief to have it all out in the open isn't it?

Hoorah and hoorah you got to ride again.

take care now and remember not to overdo it too much...though I don't blame you making hay while the sun shines :wink:

Love

Toni xxx
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Awww that was lovely to read all round :D It gives a little hope on our bad days that a good one is around the corner!! :)

Enjoy & I think once the methotrexate has built up to a level thats right for you ul be feeling ok more often.x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • Buka
    Buka Member Posts: 43
    Options
    Enjoy your steroid holiday......long may it last!

Bukax
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    What a nice positive post Maz, I am so pleased for you and it sounds as though you have got a very understanding boss and a very lovely husband, hope the steroids last for a while.............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • lizzieuk1
    lizzieuk1 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Great news maz glad you've been able to ride is such a great stress reliever.
    Am waiting for rheumy helpline to call to say yey or ney for my steroid, fingers crossed as I need something!

Hope u get lots of riding in whilst u feel well.xxx
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Maz
    That's great news
    I hope the steroid injection keeps working for a long long time
    It's like having a new ease of life
    Brilliant
    I'm so happy for you
    Maria

Ps I'm in need of some housework doing if your energy keeps up
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Maz
    That is really good news, Im not sure how many of these injections you can have but I suppose at the min you dont care..back on your lovely horse.. and your housework done ...what more could you ask..and long may it continue for you.x
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    So pleased everything is coming together for you,long may it last. Mig
  • mazbaz
    mazbaz Member Posts: 38
    Options
    And you are all so lovely and supportive on here :):):)

Bless you all !!