The £100 ear-piercing

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 22. Jun 2013, 19:52 in Community Chit-chat archive
My cat, Tommy Tucker, was a stray which we took in eleven years ago. The vet estimated that he was about five at the time, so he's getting quite old now. He's always been fiercely territorial and quite aggressive towards any other cats who dare to venture into our garden. Age does not seem to diminish his fighting instincts, so about two weeks ago he was involved in a feline frenzy of a fight.

Unfortunately, he came off the worst in the fight, although having said that, we haven't seen the other cat to know what state that one was in. Tommy was left with a very badly bitten ear which required two trips to the vet for antibiotics and pain-killing injections. Altogether, the vet's bill was over £100. :shock:

It has gradually healed up, but Tommy now has a hole through the top of his ear where the other cat's fang went right through. You can actually see the light shining through it!

I keep telling him that his fighting days should be over at his age, but I doubt that he will stop. £100 was a lot of money to get his ear pierced, so I hope that he doesn't want the other one done to match :roll:

Here he is pre- ear-piercing :!: :D

DSC01179.jpg

Joan :D
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Aww Tommy Tucker!!!

Poor boy :( Maybe he could wear a pirate earring in it??? Probably not :oops: bless his furry paws.

At least you know it doesn't hurt him I suppose.

Joan look at these:

th_kittiesandcows026.jpg

Not mine, but a stray 'kitten' with her own kittens. She is a brilliant teenage Mum though :)

love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Poor Tommy...we have 4 cats living next door to us and one by one they move in here...one is so tiny but boy does she hold her own in a fight..the other day a very large black stray ponced on her....when they had finished there was enough black fur to make a rug... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Toni,

Perhaps Tommy will start a new fashion for cats- Pirate ear-rings :!: :lol:

What a lovely photo of the cat with her kittens :!: I always say that if I win the lottery, I will open a refuge for unwanted cats and kittens. It breaks my heart to see so many strays.

Hi Barbara,

I'm glad that the tiny cat held its own against the black cat. Perhaps it will think twice about attacking it again :D

Joan
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi
    Your poor kitty cat
    Mines on happy pills for her fur loss my vet thinks she's stressed! He could be right we live next to two demon dogs a pair of psycho greyhounds that scare her to death! Her best friend is a Dalmatian who lives on the other side and they play together very strange
    My cat does not have a cat lit tray never used one when she came to stay, she adopted us, had to use one when recovering from a big op she had but that was kept in another room and not near kitchen or her food
    She is getting naughty and has started walking over the kitchen tops
    So with my slight OCD I clean constantly
    She does it out of devilment She's getting cheeky in her old age
    Maria
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Unsure wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:
    ... I always say that if I win the lottery, I will open a refuge for unwanted cats and kittens. It breaks my heart to see so many strays.

Joan

Crazy cat lady eh! :)

Yes, that's definitely me :!: :lol::lol:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Unsure wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:
    ... I always say that if I win the lottery, I will open a refuge for unwanted cats and kittens. It breaks my heart to see so many strays.

Joan

Crazy cat lady eh! :)

Yes, that's definitely me :!: :lol::lol:

What's that funny smell??? :wink:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:

What's that funny smell??? :wink:

That's strange, I haven't noticed a funny smell. It all seems a bit fishy to me :lol: