I GOT MY WALKING AIDS NOW

Options
parry
parry Member Posts: 14
edited 24. Jun 2013, 05:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
HI ALL
THIS IS KAREN THOUGHT I JUST UPDATE YOU ALL I WENT FOR MY TEST AND HAVE HAD TWO CRUTCHES AND FOUND OUT MY BACK IS GOING TO GET WOSE AND I GOT ARTHRITIS IN BOTH KNEES AND BACK AND HIP PLUS MY SPINE IS BARDLEY CURVED HAS WELL AND THE NERVES AND MUSCELS ARE GETTING BAD HAS WELL. SO LOT TO TAKE IN BUT I AM DOING GOOD USING THE CRUTCHES BUT MY HUBBY IS NOW MY FULL TIME CARER AND PLUS I BEEN APPOVED FOR A BLUE BADGE. I GOT TO HAVE TREATMENT IN THE HYDROTHEARPY POOL EVERY WEEK NOW AND IT DOES HELP ME FOR ABOUT TWO DAYS AND THEN BACK TO NORMAL. I HAVE BEEN ADVISED TO ASK DOCTOR FOR STRONGER PAIN KILLERS HAS TAKING 3000MG OF CO-CODMOL A DAY AND STILL SUFFRING. SO SEE DOCTOR TOMORROW DOUGHT THEY GIVE ME ANY THING THO
ps. sorry for shouting at u all lol just reliased and cant be bothered to delet and type it all again lol

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Glad you are getting on ok with the crutches Karen, you seem to have a lot going on there, hope the doctor can help you out with better meds to help the pain, good that hubby is your carer as opposed to having strangers looking after you...................tc................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Hi Karen,

I'm sorry ure suffering so much. It may be worth asking ure GP to refer you to a Pain Clinic. They specialize in chronic pain so should be able to help you out quite well.

I'm glad the crutches are helping you. Take care.x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I'm glad about the crutches helping, and the BB, but you do seem to have a lot going on and I hope the doc can give you some pain meds that help better.

If the 'hydro effect' lasts for two days at a time, maybe you could ask the physio if there is some way of prolonging the benefits further. Whenever I've had hydro I've also had exercises to do while out of the pool.

Debbie's idea of a Pain Clinic is a good one. Why not ask?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I am pleased to read that you have the crutches (they do help) and I hope you are coping with them OK - it's an art. :wink: I do the quadruped walk (rather than the two forward and then step) so that might be worth trying. It means that the left stick goes forward with the right leg and then the right stick with the left leg.

Hydrotherapy and pain meds are only temporary 'fixes' but the main thing is that they do help to ease the worst of things. Arthritis does spread, and it does have knock-on effects on other bits, but you will cope especially if your husband is willing to be your carer. 'Nursing' is not a natural choice for mine so I'll keep plodding on for as long as I can. Good luck and keep as well as possible, yes? DD

PS Have you googled the Spoon Theory and There's a Gorilla in my House? They are worth reading, especially for family members.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Karen
    Glad you've got the crutches.....As DD says there is a knack to using them. She explained it perfectly. That's the way I use mine when I'm not using my rollater.
    I've got OA in both hips and lower spine and neck and ankle...sorry to many ands there :oops:
    I've also got kyphoscoliosis.....that's a C shaped curve in the spine and a slight hump in your shoulders....don t know if that's what you have.
    I find for a reasonabley longish walk the 4 wheel rollator is much better for me....I use the crutches for the short walks.
    The BB is a blessing isn't it.....with me its the large parking spaces I need to get my rollator in the back of the car and out again without knocking someone elses car LOL
    Good luck with it all
    Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    Thanks Karen for the update :)

You do sound to have got things very well under control and organised :)

Well done Blue badges, hydro, crutches Go you!

and don't worry about the shouting - we all do make mistakes. It's more of a worry when someone new to forums does it not knowing. I never like to tell them kit's shouting incase it upsets them :oops:

Take care now

Love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Karen I am pleased to see you have the crutches...they really have helped my back ..the stick I used made matters worse ..
    I do hope you can get some help with the pain, has for the hydrotherapy..that is brilliant I do hope you can keep going, it will keep your muscle strong...you take care ((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • parry
    parry Member Posts: 14
    Options
    hi all

Thanks for all the nice comments you left me. i have had a lot of people being horrible to me tho like saying how are u a fit mother and then other just saying cruel comments i think some people are so nasty they dont know how hard and painful this condition is but i am getting hard to it now the comments i get. i even had grown men ask me what happen if they took my crutches off me would i fall :x :shock: :(
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Oh....don't you get some horrible people.....try and think of the nice ones that probably outnumber the horrible ones. :shock:
    The other thing is when you're at home think of a few replies to certain things that have been said to you :wink:
    If you are anything like me you cant think of anything on the spot and afterwards you think...why didn't I say that???? :lol:
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    People often blurt out the wrong thing because they are either shocked or embarrassed but, from what you have said, I think you need to find some better, kinder company. DD

PS Crutches make wonderful 'pokers'. :wink:
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi Parry
    Glad you have your crutches
    There are some uncaring and stupid people out there ignore them or trip them up with your crutches! Splat! Simple :lol:
    On a serious note don't take notice of them there are lots of good people out there who care plus we care and are here for you
    Maria