Hand made wallpaper

Options
maria09
maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
edited 22. Jun 2013, 03:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
Unsure
Good for you bet your bedroom looks lovely
We had fitted bedroom a couple of years ago and love it everything in its place no clutter bliss!
I'm a bit OCD :roll:
Maria

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    We had fitted wardrobes put in (same reason as Maria) and now need to put a feature wallpaper over the bed, especially now my Son has peeled off the paint by sticking his underground railway map on the wall and then removing it, which took all the paint off.

I don't think I'd risk paying £98 a roll though incase he does something similar.

Make sure you paste it right way up Unsure :lol:

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Wow! I bet that wallpaper will look fabulous! It's good to treat yourself to a little bit of luxury from time to time, and why not? It's good for the soul and general well-being as long as you can afford it.

We treated ourselves to a conservatory, something we'd always wanted, as a reward to ourselves after 40 years of marriage. I reckoned that we deserved it after all that time!! Now we're only two years off our golden wedding anniversary, so I'm already planning my next luxury treat. You can't take the money with you, so might as well spend some of it while you can enjoy it!

Joan :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Wo :shock:

'ow much?

Ber-limey Unsure :shock: Mind you I do love wisteria too :?
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Unsure wrote:
    If we could afford it it we would support independent craftsmen and artisans all the time.

My son makes superb bespoke, hand-crafted cricket bats :lol::lol::lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Crikey

I would never let my OH near a £98. per roll wall paper ,

He has been know to put the paper on upside down .And then the cat helps him to take it off again :lol:
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi Unsure
    I can't believe your decorator put the wallpaper on upside down :lol:
    Silly man :roll:
    I don't think you should worry about spending your money you can't take it with you
    My parents used to go to America every year before my dad retired and kept saying that they were spending my inheritance I said spend it you can't take it with you and do it whist you are both well as one day you might not be able to how true were my words as 2 yrs ago my mum had a very severe stroke we didn't think she would make it but bless her she did and is now paralysed down her left hand side and bed bound but still has he memory and they often sit and go through their photos talking about the good times they had in America
    So go for it if you have the money spend and enjoy as one day you might not be able to :)
    Plus you don't want the government to get any more of your money than they have already
    Maria
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Buy wallpaper from a DIY shop and you might see it in someone else's house too :shock: