Anybody been for an MRI with TKR

Options
bertyboy
bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
edited 23. Jun 2013, 14:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Morning everybody , i have a question , i am getting booked for a CAT scan on my TKR knee , and an MRI scan on my other knee , is it ok to have the MRI with my TKR , as i know both legs have to go into the machine , i know they must think its ok but you just never know do you :lol: , they are checking my TKR for rotation problems what ever that means maybe its a loose fit , and more degeneration in the other one .
I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    I'm sure you will be fine with the metal work in your knee I'm sure they are made out of titanium
    Just make sure you tell them when you go for the MRI
    Good luck
    Maria
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Yes. Two actually :) I'd had my TKRs for some years before I broke a hip and they did an MRI. It was a bit scary. I had visions of my knees exiting rapidly on either side :shock: They didn't, but do mention it, bertyboy, as I'm sure they'll be able to tell you why it doesn't happen and that's reassuring.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    Very understandable anxiety May :shock:

I am very relived to read all the reassurances.

I would still ask loudly and probably more than once :lol: :oops:

love

Toni xxx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    Should b e fine I would think....have had numerous ones since my THR which cant be that much different :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello May its lovely to hear from you...Im glad the others have offered some advice because I hadn't a clue...its surprising what you learn on this forum...good Luck with it and I hope all is well
    Love
    Barbara