So fed up of hurting

Options
Smoony
Smoony Member Posts: 3
edited 21. Jun 2013, 09:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello, I've just rejoined this site. I am just so fed up of being in pain. I have Osteoarthritis in my Right Ankle, Both Knees, Both Hips, lower spine. Both Shoulders. Wrists and Hands. I also have Type 2 Diabetes. Diabetic Neuropathy in both feet and legs, both hands and arms. I have background Retinopathy, and for good measure a cataract in my left eye.
I have just got my date through for a TKR 10th July on my left knee. Which I'm hoping will give me some relief.i keep tripping up, which I'm told is down to the Neuropathy. I can't sleep at night. Due to not being able to get comfortable. I'm 55 and sooooooo fed up xxx :roll:

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Welcome Smoony, you certainly have a lot going on and no wonder you are so fed up. I have OA in my hands and suspect a few other places also neuropathy in quite a lot of my body so I can understand how you feel, living with chronic pain is no fun. Have you ever been tried on amitriptyline to help you sleep, although they did nothing for me a lot of people on here use them and they seem to help. I wish you well with your TKR let us know how you get on, nice to meet you.............tc..............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Smoony
    Smoony Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, yes on Amyltryptlene 150mg per night. Also Lyrica ( pregabalin) 600mg per day. Tramadol 300mg per day. But still in constant pain..
    Trouble is all the medication makes me light headed. This is just some of the medication I'm on.. :mrgreen:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello Smoony, I do empathise because many of us are all in constant pain to some degree or another (and very wearing it is too). I don't have the neuropathy thing but with two sorts of arthritis life is, to say the least, challenging at times. Strong pain meds work by taking us away from the pain rather than vice-versa, it's a stinker of a problem, isn't it? I hope things ease at least a little for you soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Hello smoony. Yes, arthritis and pain are constant companions and you have other stuff to contend with too.

I do hope you find the TKR makes a big difference. Have you been given pre-op exercises to do? They, plus the post-op ones will really help to get your new knee working well. Hopefully, it will then be one, painfree bit of you :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,428
    Options
    Hi Smoony

Lovely to meet you and welcome you to our forums. I hope you will find them as supportive as I have over the years :)

You shouldn't feel too alone here as many of us have more than one diagnosis to contend with.

Take care

love

Toni xxx