Hospital App for my son

Options
fowls48
fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
edited 21. Jun 2013, 15:56 in Living with Arthritis archive
My son has been complaining of pains in his knees .It got so bad he could not walk , Mr F took him to the doctors today , and he now has to have a blood test and xrays as we are worried he may have RA.

So i will take him to the hospital on tuesday as i have a rheumy App .
Crikey poor lad i hope he is ok , theres so much going on in the family at the moment i don't think my head will ever be clear :(
So fingers crossed he will be ok .

Fowls

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Fowls
    There is nothing worse than seeing your children in pain whatever there age, I do hope that all the test come back negative..I really do, and I will be in your pocket and thinking of you both...(((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    You and Mr F have done exactly the right thing. I'm sure you know from all your reading on here that blood tests are not the be-all-and end-all of diagnosis but it's a step in the right direction. Take it day by day, Karen, and remember we're here, OK? ((())) I wish you both well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi Fowls
    I'm sorry your son may have RA you never want your children to suffer
    My daughter has an auto immune disease like myself I have spondylo arthropathy but she has ulcerative colitis both related to each other and so wish I had it and not her she's only 18 and at uni and had such a terrible time with her condition
    So I know exactly how you feel and yes you need to take it a day at a time otherwise its just so overwhelming
    Try and keep positive
    Maria
  • fowls48
    Options
    Hi Maria

Sorry to hear this , your daughter is so young and has her whole life ahead of her it must be difficult for her at times .Ted is 15 and loves his football , he says that one of his friends at school has OA in his knees , and cannot play footy most days .which is such a shame poor love.
    thank you for your support i will let you know what happens in a week or so .

karen xx
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi Karen
    It's just so unfair for them isn't it
    They should not suffer and my heart goes out to all the young ones sufferings
    The best years of their lives should be enjoyed and suffering should be left to us oldies ( I'm 50 just )
    Bless em
    Hope it's just a blip for him and nothing serious
    keep strong
    Maria
  • fowls48
    Options
    maria09 wrote:
    Hi Karen
    It's just so unfair for them isn't it
    They should not suffer and my heart goes out to all the young ones sufferings
    The best years of their lives should be enjoyed and suffering should be left to us oldies ( I'm 50 just )
    Bless em
    Hope it's just a blip for him and nothing serious
    keep strong
    Maria
    I am not fifty yet but it is around the corner :lol: don't know why i'm laughing .as i feel 150 :lol: Yes i had great fun when i was young and it saddens me when the youngsters are struck down with severe illness .xx
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Hi Karen, I'm so sorry to hear this. As if you don't have enough on your plate!
    How are you keeping? I hope this added stress doesn't bring you down too much.
    I hope all goes well at the hospital.
    ((((())))) to you and your son.
    Numpty
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Awe Karen, I feel for you, your head must be in turmoil at the moment. It is hard enough to handle what you are going through, but to imagine what your child may have to go through, sending you loads of (((()))) keeping my fingers crossed that you get a good result............tc..............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I'm so sorry you have this worry to add to your others, Karen. I'll be thinking of you both on Tuesday. And hoping. Stay strong. (((())))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    Oh Karen :(

I really hope he has done something easily fixable :?

The hugest hugs to you both and of course Fowls too

xxxxxx