Not been on in a while!

Options
Melrymax
Melrymax Member Posts: 226
edited 28. Feb 2014, 12:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello everyone! Not been on for a while as you can guess an extra baby makes an extra busy life!
All the pain in my pregnancy was definitely worth it! He is almost 8 months old and I have not needed any medication at all :) don't get me wrong I get sore but not to the point to dose up!
I have managed to loose nearly 3 stone! Have kept up on the cycling and yesterday manged a 33.4 mile bike ride at an average of 14mph!! I have also taken up pole dancing! Which is so fun but causes a lot of bruising!
Feel a fraud now! Haha! Hope everyone is well :) mel xx

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    :o:o:o Blimey! Should we get get up the duff and take up pole dancing? :lol: I think you may need to. market this, Melrymax. I don't think it would work for me. Pregnancy never did in the past and it a tad too late now but I'm delighted things are working out so well for you. Go for it!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Melrymax
    Options
    Haha! Pregnancy was hell! But the suffering then is paying off now :) ! I must add that the pole dancing is not of the entertaining variety! Haha more the exercise! :)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It's good to hear that you are getting on with things, I hope that continues. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    My words SW..it might be worth getting pregnant... :shock: must say I would love to have a go at pole dancing...I can do the sexy look but thats it.. :wink: you enjoy your lovely baby 8 months has gone so fast..and long may it continue xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Wow! I'm deeply impressed and a bit jealous too...I want to lose my baby weight like that and you sound to have done it the most fun ways too. Enjoy him, after 3 months with mine I can confirm time flies when your watching em grow. I'm so pleased for you, what an inspiration xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,428
    Options
    Mel!!!!

Lovely to see you and it's GREAT that you feel so very well. Thank you for posting such good news for us all to read.

Hopefully it will encourage some folks who are feeling rough ATM

Impregnate again :? me? NEVER!!! :lol:

I would love to be able to do the 'slut drop' though :wink:

Toni xxx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    Great to hear you again......I'm jealous as well :wink:
    Wish I could exercise like that
    As for pregnancy....no way...not again....that's when my epilepsy flared up...after being stable for ages....never mind ..the youngest is 33 and I've been fine {apart from Arthur} since then so should consider myself lucky
    Love
    Hileena
  • Melrymax
    Options
    Hi all! Not been on here in a long time! Busy with the children and returning to work! Have done really well fitness wise.... Until I injured my wrist in December ice skating! Xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi, good to hearing from you again, glad your doing well even though your being extremely busy with children & work! Have a good weekend!!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Its lovely to hear from you..are you still doing the pole dancing... :) iceskating..must say I take my hat off to you having a go at everything...you keep it but please be careful there is fitness and well you know... :wink: how is the little one going on... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • Melrymax
    Options
    I have been off the pole due to my bad wrist but have a little go here and there, spent an hour on it last week then paid for it haha. The ice skating was a one off with the kids and I won't be putting my arms out to break a fall ever again haha! The little one is great... He is 16 months next week! He is Running around everywhere and into everything! My hips have been fairly manageable since I had him and only had the odd co codamol :D
    Hope you all had a lovely Christmas and are keeping well :) xxx