RA aware week

Options
elnafinn
elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
edited 26. Jun 2013, 16:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
:lol: Great minds think alike! Just seen it advertised on FB. Rather short notice though. Perhaps it has been well advertised but as I do not suffer with RA I have not noticed.

Elna x
The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.

Comments

• applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Only found out about it this morning. I've tweeted about it and signed up for the Thunderclap which will post on everyone's facebook page at the same time on Monday. I think we should have found out about this at least a couple of weeks ago. They say some people are holding awareness days at their local health centre. Too late to organise anything like that now. There is a poster to download to put up though so I'm taking that to the GP surgery.
    Christine
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    I hope you have more luck than I do with GP surgery re posters! I took one down a month ago and they never put it up although there are loads of others that could have been taken down and the whole thing refreshed. I hadn't the heart to push though but it did make me fume a bit. NRAS have been publicising this RA Awareness week for many months now. However as they have very little presence in Scotland it's hard to get people interested up here I find.
    If you get lemons, make lemonade
  • trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504
    Options
    hope they manage to get the message out , put it on my facebook

seen this , a young girl called Ellie Cormack trying to promote Juvenile arthritis awareness with this video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35ucxWRTypM
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    http://nras.org.uk/campaign/ra_awareness_week/campaigning.aspx

You could all write to your MPs through this link?
    If you get lemons, make lemonade
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    I was going to ask my university if I could put up a poster. I was also going to ask at work, we are a disability organisation, so I think work would allow it.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Added it to my Twitter!! Getting the message out there!!
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    There was an article on our local tv news channel about RA. It didn't say a great deal, just that it isn't an old person's condition and that young children can get it. It also mentioned how debilitating it can be. There was a short interview with a 36 year old man who has had it since he was 16 and they also mentioned that Newcastle University are working on learning more about it.
    Christine