This Really Is a Pain in the A***

Options
Lotsofpain
Lotsofpain Member Posts: 157
edited 23. Jun 2013, 17:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
How on earth do you provide treatment or support to I think its called the gluteus muscle, can you use a bandage /brace/ strapping/ heat/ ice.

I am suffering after sitting down while playing a long music gig yesterday

Help please, examples,

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I would think ice...it would be hard to apply a bandage...and ice will help the inflammation..I find it painful to sit too long....I hope it eases up for you very soon..
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    I think it would be difficult to apply a bandage.
    Like Barbara says .....ice I would try first....sit on some peas from the freezer if you haven't got any "cold gel" You can get Deep Freeze as well as Deep Heat but you'll have to work out for yourself what will help...heat or cold.
    Good luck
    Love
    Hileena
  • Lotsofpain
    Lotsofpain Member Posts: 157
    Options
    someone suggested ice fiirst plus kinesio tape after might work
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    I do hope the ice does help you. I cant sit for long now. I must admit I use a doughnut now, only at home though, I don't take it out with me.
    Karen xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    If it's a hip problem I never found anything helped and prevention was better. If it is the hip, you'll probably feel it at the top centre of the affected buttock. Pain relief will help but sitting for a long time won't.

I don't know what instrument you play or what the format of the gig is but I'd suggest, next time, trying to get up and walk from time to time, trying to ensure your seat's comfortable and supporting (use a cushion if necessary) and just generally shifting position as much as possible.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright