Question and update

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 25. Jun 2013, 09:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,I have now been on humira since late October along with hydroxy,have been able to stop the anti flams ,take 1or 2 dullers a day depending what I have been doing during the day,the hydroxy was dropped from 2 to 1 200mg per day so all in all I'm doing extremely well and don't go back to clinic till November.My question is I have a cousin who lives in South Korea who is visiting in three weeks and would like a get together ,his mum who is 93 lives in a nursing home and has shingles almost permanently so do I join in or not ? Mig

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you're at an increased risk of developing shingles and if the lady in question has them so often she might be quite infectious. Sorry, mig, but I think this is one for your rheumatology nurse. I rang mine once when going out with friends who were babysitting grandchildren with chicken pox. I was told if the spots were healing and my friends changed clothes after being with the children, should be OK :o I was but mine's just meth.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I don't like being a wet blanket but I would say no. There are times when your needs have to come first and I reckon this is one of them. By all means meet your cousin but hopefully before mum has been visited. You are doing so well - is that worth jeopardising? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Thanks DD and Sticky I knew really but just wanted and needed someone to say it. Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It's not easy, Mig, we know that. An auto-immune arthritis does occasionally require selfishness, as an only child I don't find that too hard. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Mig
    Sorry but you will have to put yourself first this time...we don't want all the good work undone..I am sure your cousin will understand...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi Mig
    I must agree with all the above
    With our conditions we have to be very careful and you most certainly don't want shingles of any degree nasty nasty
    So yes in a way you have to be selfish well I wouldn't call it selfish just cautious
    Maria
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Oh Mig, I do know how you feel. My FIL had shingles a while ago, I had to make the decision not to go to see him for a while. Then a couple of weeks back, my eldest daughter got it!!! That was much harder. I am seeing her this weekend. Her rash has completely dried, so she's no longer infectious.
    She's having a "hen do" here, for the people who aren't going to the proper, youngsters one next month. :D
    Take care,
    Numpty