What a Numpty!

Options
Numptydumpty
Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
edited 28. Jun 2013, 18:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
My OH has been on at me for some time to move bedrooms. Our room is a little difficult to get to. Ours is a very old house, with lots of steps. To get to our bedroom you have to go almost to the top of the stairs, where there's a small half landing, through a tiny door (about 4ft high) down two steps, to a small hall. The bathroom is straight ahead, and our bedroom is to the right, up two more steps. Humpty has fitted grab rails at strategic points, but it's still challenging. :lol:
Yesterday evening, after eating too much :oops: I went upstairs to change into some looser trousers :oops: As I stood on the first step into my bedroom, my knee gave way and I went a pearler! Luckily my daughter was in, and even more luckily she's quite strong! :lol: She helped me up, but wouldn't promise not to tell her dad. :lol:
I've got a lovely bruise on my shin, a skinned elbow, and my troublesome shoulder (which had calmed down recently, thanks to the addition of tramadol and amitriptyline to my dullers) is more than a little troublesome!
Humpty has been very sympathetic, and not once said "I told you so".

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Crikey - that sounds more like an assault course than just getting into a bedroom. :? I find ours tough enough, it's just a straight flight of thirteen stairs but that can be troublesome enough at times. I am so sorry you took a tumble but given the gymnastics that appear to be required maybe it's of little wonder. Tend to the sore bits and hats' off to Mr N for not saying those few little words.

Well, hon, it may be time to think about shifting rooms - are you particularly attached to your current room or is there another that will do just as well and is more accessible? We came down from the top floor a number of years ago - I still miss that room as it's one of my favourites but sometimes needs must. I have had to sleep in the dining room on a number of post-op occasions and I love it. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Oh dear Numpty
    And I thought I was having a bad time
    Does this mean you are going to change your bedroom now
    It could have been much worse
    Do you think you need a check up at GPs or just need rest and TLC
    Please put your feet up ( says me :shock: )
    Take care
    Maria
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Am sorry to hear of your mishap Numpty and do hope you will soon be feeling a little less sore. It does sound as though a change of bedrooms might be a good idea. Think some rest is called for at present.

Take care. Beryl (((())))
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    It's the last line that gives it away, Numpty. When husbands are sympathetic amd don't get sarky and stroppy, they think it's serious. It sounds ****ing horrible to me.

Please do whatever you'd advise one of us to do and get it all checked out if you've any doubts at all. I know you'd enough shoulder problems without adding to them.

Please rest up for as long as it takes.

((((())))) from me and a big, sloppy kiss from Sebastian :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Numptydumpty
    Options
    Yuk! Sebastian's kisses don't get any better :? :lol:

Thank you all for your replies. Yes, you are right, as is my OH, I should move rooms. The trouble is, I love this one. It's so private, completely cut off from the rest of the house, it has a dressing room, and it's the only room at the back of the house, so it's very quiet. The real problem is, I realise, I'm stubborn! I will though, think seriously about moving into another room.
    I'm sure no real harm was done, it's just jarred a few things. I've had a lazy day today, in fact I'm typing this in bed.
    Numpty
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Numpty, I want to be on your team for the AC marathon! You've been in training all along getting to your bedroom!

Feel better soon,
    Anna
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Oooft (((())) you silly moo!!!, will reply more later, have quickly had a look got visitors, you take care xxxx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Oh Numpty

Sorry i was not around yesterday to read this , Crikey looks like you have a mountain to climb before you can get into your bedroom :shock:
    I hope you are feeling better now and the pains have subsided .

Maybe you should have a moving staircase fitted or a stair lift in 3 parts or a dumb waiter .Sorry i have not been much help .

BUT HUGS AND KISSES COMING (((((((((((((())))))))))))))))XXXXXXXXXXX

fowls
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Blimey Numpty..I thought I had probs with one step after the stairs much higher that the others...you poor thing...like the others have said if hubby didnt say I told you so...then it is time to move rooms... :( tell you what we will all come and help...I hope bruise goes down very soon...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Numpty! It sounds like you do an assault course to get to bed!! Wow! Hope you feel better soon. And move rooms as much as it isn't what you want, we have to make sacrifices for this illness!!
  • stickywicket
    Options
    How's today been, Numpty? I've been here, ther and yonder but I've been thinking of you.
    Steven Wright
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Oh my word Numpty ... I don't know how uve coped with that all this time.

I'm really sorry you fell & hope ure recovery is speedy!! It does seem the universe has conspired to say wot Mr N wouldn't tho ;) Get better soon.x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • Numptydumpty
    Options
    Thank you all for your thoughts.
    The bruises are out nicely now. :wink: They're not too bad though, but this blooming shoulder!!!
    Oh well, keep taking the tablets. As long as you've got your health eh :lol:
    Numpty
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Sorry Numpty only just read this,just goes to show talk of bedroom subjects are bad for you. Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ah. I understand - it sounds rather lovely so of course you are reluctant to change. I think the answers may be as follows: wear your nightie at all times (to avoid the changing into more comfy clothes), if you do need to go to bed then start those maneouvres about thirty minutes before really essential and ensure that all bedroom approaches are well-lit (similar to airport runways at night). If necessary employ Mr N with those table tennis bats to 'steer' you in to a safe landing. Job done. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    mig, don't talk to me about bedroom subjects being bad for you!! My OH got a bad groin strain after bedroom subjects!! :lol:

Numpty, Hope your shoulder is on the mend and your right just got to keep taking the tablets and smiling through the pain!!
  • Numptydumpty
    Options
    Thank you all.
    DD, you may have hit on the solution :D I will implement your suggestions immediately. I'm sure there are some old bats in the shed :wink:
    My shoulder is still playing up, and I am hosting a Hen party for my daughter tomorrow, (not the proper hen do, an alternative one for some of her friends and the oldies) so wish me luck.
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I wish you all the luck in the world. Make sure you take an esxort to bed with you :wink:
    Steven Wright