Hunger!!!!!!

Sharon2960
Sharon2960 Member Posts: 329
edited 29. Jun 2013, 13:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well now, it seems I'm pretty useless at controlling this fake hunger brought about by the steroids!! Weight watchers tomorrow night - oh dear! Wonder what the damage will be!! Maybe we could add eating to the marathon - sure I'd get a gold!!!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I do empathise - tryng to control steroid-induced hunger is not easy. Yup, the little devils do make some of us feel a deal better but that can (and very often does) come at a cost. WW may not be too much help at the moment - it's the trade-off between extra weight and joint benefit which is the issue for you. It's far from an easy choice and you may well be the only one in the group who is faced with this dilemma. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    Good luck at weight watchers! Don't be too hard on yourself if you do put on weight as you probably already know, steroids often make most of us carry excess water along with the extreme hunger. Even the strongest minded of people find it hard to stick to a diet on steroids, when I take steroids I feel like I need to eat every 30 mins or I get really angry lol.
  • Sharon2960
    Pleased that my weight has stayed the same!! Gonna try and stay focused - my theory is that I might not be able to control the u/a thyroid or my mate Arther, but I can control what goes in my mouth!!!!! That sounds a lot more confident than I feel!!! Time will tell.............
  • lizzieuk1
    lizzieuk1 Member Posts: 302
    Oh I know the feeling after 2 years of im steroids I now weigh half a stone more than the day after I gave birth!! Am trying to keep lots of healthy snacks about but it is so hard also hating the way it makes my face a bit chubby :(
  • trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504
    hi Sharon , have you asked if there is anything else they can give you , there is a lot of new drugs out now , just come of steriods myself in last three months & give a anti-tnf

only troble is your mate arthur like steriods & will complain a lot if you come off them , what level you taking at moment & could you cut them down a bit , myself found 2.5mg was just as good as 7.5mg only the knowing the flare from coming off them was the reason for staying on them + low dose will help the hunger
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    I didnt believe there was such a thing till I went on steroids for another complaint...but my goodness I was hungry night and day...but I found drinking loads of water helped a little but not much good Luck at WW x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Sharon2960
    I'm on 7.5mg, controlling the hunger by sticking to breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacking on fruit in between! Think going to ww to be weighed helps keep me focused on something I can try and control!!!