ouchpotato Member Posts: 453
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Marked on the calendar Barbara x
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Pleased that you've got the date for your op and I'll be there on 10 July. So sorry to hear about the progression of your kidney disease, though. Take care.

Meg
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello everyone
    I wish I could get across how much you are all helping... :D
    Thanks to DD, NB, Mig, Christine, Hileena, Marie, and ouchpotao...
    This forum is brilliant for supporting each other..
    Yes it is still on for the 10th..my late mum birthday...I still find that strange..I have yet to get a call back from OT...and arrange to go to one of there sessions..and get whatever they think I need...
    Thank you again..I am now waffling so I will leave you for now...xxxxxx
    oops just see Meg...thankyou xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I hope that OT get back to you soon - if not chase 'em up because things need to be sorted, yes?

All will be well. ((((( ))))) xxx
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,943
    Options
    Hello Barbara
    try not to get too worried about it you are very brave you have gone through a lot.
    i'll give you a laugh I have to have a thr don't know when.
    take care thinking about you.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Oh Barbara I'm sorry huni. I'm not surprised it was a shock, I don't know why they didn't tell you it had progressed that far It's ure body after all :?

I'm available for pocket duties if needed on 10th. Massive (((( )))) x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Barbara, wow bet the kidney disease diagnosis was a shock! How will that effect the op and you after? Will be ready for the bus on the 10th July! Take care till then. bubbadog
  • barbara12
    Options
    Hi DD, Debbie , Joan and bubba and thank you all
    DD the OT from the hospital have rang and I have a therapy session on the 3rd July...I have to take the measurements of my bed chair toilet and such...and they go through he do's and dont's..I have had lots of info off our lovely nearlybionic...and I am so grateful I do not like the unknown..so I feel a bit more settled...
    Joan another THR that is not funny...how many is this now...you really do have my admiration... :)
    Debbie and bubba the kidneys wont delay thing I had to see the anesthetist, and he said it should be fine has long as I don't have any symptoms...in the bladder area...thank goodness I don't..
    Thanks everyone for your support... :D xxxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    That's good news :)

I'm very opposed to change too so I'm really glad uve had lots of worries put to rest, it makes such a difference!! x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    its was all delayed because of the stage 3 kidney disease I didnt know I had...it was on a letter when I asked for a copy of them all from the hospitals...so had to show them the letter...I knew I was having regular blood test for a slight raise kidney reading...but it was a shock to see it was stage 3...xxx

That would have come as a shock, Barbara. I just looked it up on the NHS website and less than 1% of people with stage 3 go on to have kidney failure. Stick with the 99% :wink: and you'll be fine.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I'm glad you have been put at ease about everything Barbara, So now it's all on for 10th July, not long to go! Will be in your pocket all the way!
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    I am glad that I can pass on any bit of information that I can if it helps!
    I`m here anytime x
    NB
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    I am glad that I can pass on any bit of information that I can if it helps!
    I`m here anytime x
    NB
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thankyou SW, Debbie, Joan, bubba and NB
    You are all so kind...
    SW thanks for googling it ..I was scared to I didn't need any more bad news...1 in 100 is very good odds.. :D
    Debbie the same here I do not like to be kept in the dark
    bubba yes it is all on for the 10th...I am surprised how calm I am...just wait till the 9th... :shock:
    NB you have been a big help to me...especially has you had your THR in the same hospital...
    I have got myself another grabber, and a couple of cotton nighties...so I now need slippers and a couple of others things....I am still not looking forward to having to inject myself...any offer.... :wink: xxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    What about pants/knickers larger than normal....I remember being told that on this forum.
    One good thing about our hospital is they have a mock kitchen and a mock bathroom and they take you round it, show you different things and how to use them
    Are you getting a trolley??? I found that invaluable.....used my sticks to get over to where it was in the room and then used it to go to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee {if Peter was out or I was feeling independant :lol: }
    They didn't mention that to me but I saw it in their kitchen and asked about it :wink:

Love
    Hileena