Don't know if this will help Arthritis

villier
villier Member Posts: 4,426
edited 29. Jun 2013, 06:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
As some of you will know it is OA in my hands I have, I also have a very rare neurological autoimmune condition which I get IVIg treatment every three weeks. I was at hospital on Tuesday for my infusion which usually doesn't kick in until the next night, out of the blue I had the mother of a flare, so bad I could hardly put shoes on my feet and my hands were also on fire. I think I did too much before the treatment kicked in, hence the flare.

I was a member of a neurological forum and remembered that a lot of people used to use Epsom salts in their bath water, as I only have a shower I soaked my hands and feet in a basin with a liberal amount of the Epsom salts just before dinner yesterday, I managed to get a reasonable sleep last night as the pain has dampened down to it's 'normal'. I was wondering if it would maybe help those of you with autoimmune arthritis..........it is just a thought.............Marie xx
Smile a while and while you smile
smile another smile and soon there
will be miles and miles of smiles
just because you smiled I wish your
day is full of Smiles

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thanks Marie

for thinking of us and why not? It at least won't cost the earth will it and might even help some of us. One would be great!

I hope you feel much better soon

Love

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I, too, hope you're soon feeling better, Marie. As for the Epsom Salts....I dunno. As you say, it's cheap and worth a try.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Marie Epson salts is a big thing in America...and it is a very old remedy here for rheumatic and joint probs..I use it for my hand and my feet ...must say they do feel better after... my OH always puts it in the bath after an hard day at work...you enjoy the relief and I hope those hands behave for you (((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Bathing in Epsom salts can beneficial but I won't try it as I can't get out of the bath! :lol: I am so pleased that you have found something to help you - that is a spot of good news for me on a rather dreary day. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben