Bit scared

Options
jenzie06
jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
edited 2. Jul 2013, 11:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've been referred to the hospital as I've been having problems with my eyes. When I look either left or right I become dizzy. My eyes ache and I get a bit of double vision. Went to my optician who said that my prescription has changed a lot and my eye is slightly squiffy (he used technical term). Since seeing him on Thursday one of my eyelids drools when my eyes start to get tired (about lunchtime). Optician has sent an urgent referral.
I'm a bit worried about it. I've done some googling (always dangerous) but it's saying scary stuff about brain tumours, lesions and palsys. There are no ordinary options like I have a virus or it just happens so I'm a bit worried.

Anyone have any ideas? Mum is currently being treated for a brain tumour so I think I might be a bit sensitive and overreacting.

Comments

• catt
    catt Member Posts: 9
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jenzie
    of course you are worried, who wouldn't be. Hopefully you will not be suffering from anything awful, it's always worse thinking about what the diagnosis will be.
    Write a list of the questions you want to ask the Doctor and take it with you, it's so easy to forget things when you are stressed.
    I hope you have someone to go with you to the hospital and the consultation, it's good to have another person to remember what was said afterwards.
    I wish you and your mother well catt :D
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    Hi Jenzie, what's important here is you have an urgent referral so will get seen soon. Try not to imagine the worst though it's hard I know (having spent the weekend worrying I might have MS!) I hope your appointment comes through quickly and you get some answers and treatment.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    The good thing Jenzie is you will be seen sooner rather than later, as catt says write all your questions down and take someone with you to the appointment, take care and let us know how you get on...............Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    There is nothing more I can put, but ..try not to panic and that my heart goes out to you. As already said, the appointment should be with you quickly.

I shall be thinking of you and your mum. Please keep us informed of how things go for you wont you. We all do worry so.
    Karen xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Jenzie, I can't add nothing more then what's been said, I just hope you get your appointment soon and that the Consultant can help rest your mind and put your mind at ease.

Keep us updated and let us know when your appointment is so we can be in your pocket. All the best to you & your mom. Sending you ((((HUGS))))
  • jenzie06
    jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
    Options
    The eye clinic rang. I've got an appointment tomorrow at 10.40. Can I request pocket duties please?
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Do hope your appointment will go well for you. Please let us know how you get on. Will be thinking of you. Beryl. (((())))
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Will be in your pocket Jenzie and thinking of you. Beryl
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Jen of course I will be in your pocket...whatever did we do before google...not worry has much....eyes are always urgent and they have done the right thing for you...good luck with the appointment and please let us know how you get on ((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Oh bless you!! I'll gladly be in ure pocket huni ((((hugs))))

Try not to panic (easier said than done I know) as it won't help one way or the other. Remember that acting fast is safest for you & ul get answers much quicker. Big calming hugs.x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    You have done the right thing and I hope you get some good news tomorrow, jenzie. I shall be thinking of you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    I'll be in your pocket, too, jenzie. Hope that things go well tomorrow. xx
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    I've been thinking of you. Any news? ((( ))) xx
    Healing Hugs