Can't see where I've been...

Options
daffy2
daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
edited 5. Jul 2013, 11:03 in Community Chit-chat archive
The topic title used to change from blue to red when I'd viewed it, but since the forum changes that doesn't happen, so I can't see which ones I've looked at now. Is it me/my machine, and is there anything I can do about it?
I've not been able to look for a few days and have forgotten which threads I was following(story of my life at present...)

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Careful, or you might meet yourself coming back!
    Mine still changes to red. Is it because you've been away for a while? It could be the threads you look at from now on will change to red.
    Sorry, I'm no use to you, hopefully someone who is will be along soon.
    Numpty
  • daffy2
    Options
    Now that is a frightening thought Numpty!
    I thought the situation had resolved itself as the red bits started to appear again last night, but this morning it's back to all blue again - not very helpful as I'm feeling quite low enough at the moment.
    Now I really must go and get dressed(been up since 6-30 I hasten to add to stem those tuts of disapproval at my sluttish ways) and put the washing out and suchlike thrilling tasks.
    Later I'll contact my son and see if he can suggest anything.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    There is a 'mark forums read' up top of page on the right. If you click on that would that help?

I've just tried it and it is working for me.
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    My thread titles revert to blue after I've deleted my browsing history (I do so after every trawl on the net). Could it be this? As soon as you click on a thread it will turn to red (unless it's one that's gone into two pages or more, click on a page number other than one and the title will stay blue). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Mine keep staying blue lately so I get confused! (story of my life!!) It is annoying will try what Elizabeth suggested.
  • tkachev
    Options
    Did you try it Bubbadog?

I'm not sure if you need to do it everytime you log on or just the once but it is something to do with the new update which has cleared up a few forum issues.

And I'm not yet sure if you can click 'mark forums read' if not logged on.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • daffy2
    Options
    I don't seem to have 'mark forums read'. I tried 'view unread posts' which came up with a huge list including ones I'd looked at earlier today, so that didn't help much!
    Ah well I'll just have to to muddle along for now. Thank you for your suggestions.
  • tkachev
    Options
    daffy2 wrote:
    I don't seem to have 'mark forums read'. I tried 'view unread posts' which came up with a huge list including ones I'd looked at earlier today, so that didn't help much!
    Ah well I'll just have to to muddle along for now. Thank you for your suggestions.

It should be there. Try logging out and back in again as that is what I have just done and it did appear (but now seems to have gone)

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    Right have tried logging out and back in again. It is only on the opening page but when I clicked on chit chat forum it disappeared.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • daffy2
    Options
    Seen it! The question now is, do I have to do it each login? And does it only apply to the current session? Just logging in and out now removed all the red from a couple of minutes previously, so I suspect the answer is yes - which actually isn't much help, as I can usually manage the memory test for the current session(!) - it's coming back the next day, or in my case a couple of days later, that matters.
    We will see...
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    daffy just to say you are not on your own..mine have done it twice in 2 days...very strange :?
    Love
    Barbara
  • daffy2
    Options
    Getting some red now but it seems a bit random - some of the posts I know I've read aren't marked. I'll try and make a login and mark as read each day and see if it sorts itself out.
  • tkachev
    Options
    I clicked on it fresh each day. However all the previous posts which I know I have already read are now back to blue. Todays read posts are changing to red.

I also got a message saying 'already marked' when I clicked on 'mark forums read' today which hasn't happened before. I wonder if they'll stay marked from now on.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Isn't this an issue with individual thread titles rather than read forums? I don't know because I've never clicked on anything like that but its title would seem to indicate that it refers to a forum rather than the threads within. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Confusing I think I haven't ever done it either. I would have thought they would change colour when the whole thread is read. Then if it goes into another page and you haven't red that it would go back to unread colour???

Too much for my small mind :oops:

love

Toni xxx
  • tkachev
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Isn't this an issue with individual thread titles rather than read forums? I don't know because I've never clicked on anything like that but its title would seem to indicate that it refers to a forum rather than the threads within. DD

Sorry DD it should say posts not forums. Not sure where I got forums from considering I was checking then immediately reporting on this thread.
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    dreamdaisy wrote:

Sorry DD it should say posts not forums. Not sure where I got forums from considering I was checking then immediately reporting on this thread.
    Elizabeth

Double checked and it IS 'mark forums read' but it is individual threads that are changing to red.

All the other choices refers to posts.

E x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • daffy2
    Options
    I've been clicking 'mark forums read' when I log in and am pleased to report that so far the red bits are staying red from one session to the next - long may it last. I agree though that 'forums' is confusing as it's the threads that are being marked.
  • tkachev
    Options
    Thats good Daffy. My read threads revert back to blue after I log off so I'm only getting a day at a time.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    It seems to be working today. Previously read threads are red and I haven't had to click anything.

Elizabeth,

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • daffy2
    Options
    The red seems to be sticking so I'm now going to try without clicking to mark the threads and see if it still works. Fingers crossed(which actually sums them up quite well today, they are not happy and neither am I!)