'Trekking to Scotland'

Options
kathbee
kathbee Member Posts: 934
edited 3. Jul 2013, 16:41 in Community Chit-chat archive
Been on a 6 day holiday to West of Scotland - Argylle.

Lovely hotel, food was good, lovely views BUT
oh a 10 hour coach journey from West Yorkshire and the same back - not good at all. Affected every joint in my body. Could have flown to Toronto to visit my son in less time. :roll:

At no time were we told of any ETA
when booking or travelling, only when we stopped at Glasgow Airport to pick up luggage at 4.30pm after leaving our home town at 8.45am were we told we have another 2 hour journey to the hotel.

Sad to say Never Again.
Lots of other folks saying the same. But maybe I should have known better having RA and OA.

A couple who live 4 miles from me went to another pick up point and they left at 7.20 am and arrived 13 hours later.

OH DEAR.
But Scotland is lovely, hope to not have to go by coach another time.

Kath

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, it's nice to see your name again. :) Coach travel has its drawbacks and lack of speed is one. I think they have a speed restriction to sixty mph (?) so it takes an age to get anywhere. I hope you had plenty of pain relief to help you cope and yes, Scotland is a very beautiful part of the world. We keep talking about going there again but finding the time is another matter.

Remember the positives of the past few days - and if you go again how about flying then hiring a car? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • kathbee
    Options
    Hi DD
    Yes, will remember what a nice time we had and saw some really lovely places up there.

Went with my friend, not my hubby so wouldnt expect her to drive, it was supposed to be a relaxing holiday for us, no driving. I cant do hardly any driving these days.

Flying would be an alternative, Leeds Bradford airport to Glasgow airport maybe then pick up a coach for the rest. We shall see.

No more holidaying at the mo anyway as my 13 yr old grand-daughter is flying in from Toronto in a couple of weeks time, then my son (her dad) and his wife and 3 year old grandson are due here in August. It will be hectic, I will be kna****ed but oh so worth it. :D

Kath
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Trains are another alternative. Plus, again, a hire care at the other end.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Unless my husband takes me I go for the train every time up to my Sister's. Book a SEAT and take my book, can get up for the loo and to stretch your legs. very civilised :)

I love Scotland Kathbee. Glad you did too

Love

Toni xxx
  • kathbee
    Options
    Yep, train travel is good, leg stretches were def what were needed on the coach trip.
    Kath
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    kathbee wrote:
    Yep, train travel is good, leg stretches were def what were needed on the coach trip.
    Kath

Sounds like a plan :)