Hello from the circus

Options
LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 3. Jul 2013, 11:55 in Community Chit-chat archive
And circus it is indeed! No it's not quite so bad but three dogs, a cat, two three month olds and Mr LV do often give that impression. I hope you are all well, I pop on and read whenever I can but rarely have time to reply meaningfully so work on the basis that I'll wait til I have time (and a functioning brain) before I get back into this properly! I just wanted to tell you all I miss being in touch and let you know we're all well.

I've had a fiddly time with meds but hopefully things are sorting themselves out and next week I shall attempt to see the nice GP for some sensible course on my anti inflammatories after bizarrely being taken off Celebrex and put on stomach ouchy ibuprofen retard instead.

The girls are growing nicely, we've started to fit 0-3 months now they're 13 weeks. They vomit for fun as they have reflux (not colic as the useless health visitor declared). I'm dealing with it conservatively as they're eating and gaining weight and I'd prefer not to stick meds in them if I can avoid it!

They're sooooo different, Summer is a quiet and angelic smiler who charms her way to what she wants whilst Tegen is noisy, burpy, farty, kicky, snotty and oozes personality, I suspect life will never hold her back and if it does the whole world will know. I'm loving being their Mum. I think they're just great.

It's amazing what they can help you achieve too. Last week while down in Cornwall, Mr LV gave me my first embryonic surfing lesson (20 mins on a 'pro' board with no wetsuit and three months after giving birth). I got to kneeling up which in that time and on that board was fantastic if I do say so myself! 4 or 5 years ago before methotrexate and in a different and rather more miserable life I probably wouldn't have had the guts to even believe I could try something like that! You have to love life sometimes, it rolls you every which way!
Love to all xx
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello LV, how lovely it is to see your name again. I can't comment on the circus thing (having always avoided such a thing) but I have to say that Tegan sounds like a girl after my own heart. :wink: I can, however, comment on the celebrex: I suspect it's to do with cost. I was taken off it and put onto nap and omep, yup two sets of pills were cheaper than one for my GP (he told me that was the reason) and nowhere near as good. :roll: I guess this is what lies behind it being taken away from you. I've never done the ibupro thing.

Keep as well as possible, yes? And keep having fun with the twins - all too soon they'll be dripping in through the front door, all sulky and snarly and accompanied by horrid boyfriends. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    I love reading your posts LV ,have missed you.Both my grandchildren had reflux not nice but they have grown out of it now.sounds like Cornwall was fun.Hugs to all (((()))) Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    LV its so lovely to hear from you..I was wondering how the twins were getting on...gosh 3 months old...and to plan reflux is what my youngest GD got at 3 months.....they will grow out of it very soon....listen to me..bet you are sick of advice...
    Its brilliant that you had a go at surfing...just wait till the girls are doing the same... :D:D hope to see you around when you get another min... :wink:
    Good luck with the meds...and love to all of you xxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Lovely to hear from you LV, Sounds like you've been having fun as well as having your hands full! The twins sound adorable, wish we could see some pictures. Sounds like you had a great time in Cornwall, surfing hey! Sounds like your ready to take on the world!! Can't wait till the next extract from you & the circus!! :D
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    It's really great to hear from you. Your two girls sound brilliant. I guees you need a Summer when one is a Tegan. Two of the latter might be a bit too difficult.

Well done on the Cornish surfboard. (Blimey, that does take me back!)

With the two little vomit comets, I guess you have the permanently decorated yellow blobs on all your tops :roll: i remember it well.

Please keep the news coming as and when you can. I've no idea how you manage to find any spare minutes. I saw a woman with twins in a pushchair the other day. One was very lively and the other dead to the world. I imagine there would be no respite when she got home with one very refreshed baby to deal with and the other ratty because he was so tired :roll:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Options
    leased to hear that you are all doing so well LV well except from your meds! would love to see some pics of the famous two if poss.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Well HELLO Lignumvitae

How wonderful to hear how well you are all getting on :) I am so pleased for you all. Great to hear the bubbas are progressing so well 0-3 months clothes already?!! Well done you - you ARE doing something right :)

Lovely to hear about your holiday to Cornwall and your escapades. You know I think it's this illness and having kids......I remember going to Cape Verde a few years ago with my kids and actually having a go at body boarding. I had the best time ever and laughed my head off with my girls. Memories to share in future :)

Well you enjoy every minute of your lives together and treasure them all :)

Love and (((()))) to all of you

Toni xxx