How do I manage?

Options
Airwave!
Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
edited 22. Jul 2013, 05:24 in Community Chit-chat archive
This is not a humorous question such as chocolate digestive or custard cream (that answer is obvious), but a quest to stop my embarrassment, do tell me the proper way to eat a (Jack Hobbs) cream cracker without them splitting into many pieces and their gooey topping covering my clean shirt and lap?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    There are some things which are far better left to be indulged behind a locked bathroom door. This may be one of them (whatever 'this' is). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Airwave!
    Options
    I shall report back later. OH suggested a bib...... :lol: or is quality an issue? If the pate was stickier it would hold it all together, wouldn't it?
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Get cataracts, then you can't see the mess you're making. 8)
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I suggest what I use when I don't want to wreak a nice outfit! (It doesn't look good but saves the outfit!) A tea towel! Tuck it in the collar of your outfit and it saves any falling food!!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Get cataracts, then you can't see the mess you're making. 8)

Or, better still, get Mrs A to have the cataracts then she won't notice.

PLEASE, what is a Jack Hobbs cracker? I'm familiar with the late Jack Hobbs ( :oops: in a manner of speaking) and I'm familiar with crackers but, both together :? :?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I too would appreciate some clarification! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Airwave when you find the answer to your quest..can I send my hubby round then you can teach him ...more to do with poppadoms really...talk about a mess... :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Aren't you supposed to hold a plate just under your chin above your chest/shirt???

Little finger poking out sideways too :?
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I personally prefer their Cornish wafers, but have noticed recently, they have changed the consistency, they are almost as crumbly as the crackers now!
    The obvious answer is for Mrs Airwave to hold the vacuum cleaner hose under your chin while you're eating. :D
  • Airwave!
    Options
    I did enquire of the OH about the relative quality of our shopping and who's make might better Jack Hobbs than the firm itself, it was strongly suggested that I could do the shopping then!

The on-going testing has been interrupted by the two week long intake of baguette rather than cracker, with some mild alcoholic relief during lunchtime, we have now returned to dear Albion, the land of crackers and tea!

I get the feeling that I might wear the vacuum cleaner over my head if any more suggestions flow across the lunchtime table to my OH?