Have made a very difficult decision.

Options
DebraKelly
DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
edited 3. Jul 2013, 09:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone.

As most of you know I came off Meth in March as my husband and I wanted to start a family. We where due to start trying from August onwards.

Unfortunately things haven't been very good for me since I came off the Meth. I was restarted on Sulpha but this hasn't much for me either.

For a couple of weeks in April I came down with a really nasty virual thing and then was unable to walk for about a week.

I did get a steriod injection into my knee which gave me some relief for a couple of months.

The past few weeks have been horrible. I ended up hospital whilst on holiday in Cornwall for 2 days with severe chest pains which is linked to my arthritis, and I am really struggling to walk again.

So we have made the difficult decision and I am seeing the doctor next week to go back on the Meth.

We are going to look at adoption and see if thats a possibility once I am better, but my health has to come first and if I am struggling now, what will I be like trying to raise a child.

So am very upset and depressed about it all, particulary after having a miscarriage in December.

I have had great support on this forum for several months now and I know you will all understand.

Yours needs some TLC.

Debbie x

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You've had a tough time, Debbie, and you've had the courage to make a tough decision. I think these sorts of decisions can only be made by the people involved. None of the rest of us can make them for you.

You are right that raising children while having arthritis is not easy. I did it with the help of a great husband and a Mum & Dad who stepped into the breach on more than one occasion.

I think it's a good idea to first re-establish yourself on the meth and only then make any big decisions. You'll be in a better place both mentally and physically. My younger son and his wife adopted a little 4 yr old 18 months ago. He's an absolute joy and, believe me, you'll be well-monitored in advance if you decide on this route.

I wish you better health and a happy future whatever it holds.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I am so sorry, that must have been a very hard decision for you to make. Some things are destined to be and others not - and as Sticky said others cannot make that decision for you. You now need time to get yourself better and, once you are, then you can start exploring other avenues. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi Debbie
    I'm so so sorry
    You are right your health must come first but will not have made that decision any easier
    Big big hug to you
    I hope you start improving soon
    Be kind to yourself
    Maria x
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Debbie
    I am sorry to hear of how poorly you have been feeling and how this has brought you to such a difficult decision. I hope that once you are back on the right treatment for your arthritis that you start to feel well.
    I hope that in time you are able to pursue the adoption route also xxx
    I hope you are feeling better soon xx
    NB
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Debbie what a decision to have to make, I do wish I could give you a proper hug....it must be awful for you both at the min.
    I really do wish you well for the future...and there are so many young children out there waiting for a lovely mum and dad to come along....maybe in time when the meds kick in you will have a clearer mind
    Please dont forget we are always here ((((((())))))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Debbie I can't imagine the strength needed for making this decision. You are both extremely brave & very selfless!! I can only offer my deepest sadness that ure so poorly uve had to face this. I will stay hopeful that wen things have improved for you ul be able to move forwards in ure plans.

I hope the mtx works quickly to relieve ure symptoms. Massive hugs.xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x