Bruising

Options
shandy4greenday
shandy4greenday Member Posts: 344
edited 3. Jul 2013, 17:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
Can anyone tell me if medication can be a result of bruising.I just recently had the Contraceptive Implant and have got the biggest bruise I have ever had before covering most of my top arm on the underneath.I have never bruised hardly before and other people I have spoken to who have also had the implant have not experienced this.I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this or if it could be just me.Just to add there is no swelling or redness with it.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Medication isn't the result of bruising but it can be a cause. When I began sulph I was covered in bruises from the waist down (and still bruise very easily all over). 'Implant' suggests some sort of procedure and maybe whoever fitted it just hit a blood vessel - I do occasionally when injecting and get some corking bruises as a result. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • shandy4greenday
    Options
    Thankyou it is huge I dont even bruise having my blood tests so was really shocked it is slowly healing I just thought it very strange when it is a simple procedure that will probably explain it. :)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I apply liquid witch hazel to my bruises, I find that cools, calms and eases that odd achy feeling. Others swear by arnica but that does nowt for me. Anything being stuck into you can result in a bruise, we do not (alas) have a clear mapping of capilleries on our skin and even if we did avoiding them would be tricky. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • shandy4greenday
    Options
    Thankyou DD I will make a note of them as I have never heard of any of them before.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    I think those of us on methotrexate are more likely to bruise. This is probably a one-off but, if you get any unexplaied bruising, you should contact your rheumatology nurse.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • shandy4greenday
    Options
    Hopefully like you say sticky it's a one off but I will be aware that if any other bruising appears unexpectedly I will contact Rheummy thankyou.